Leeds United looking to snatch Venancio from #SWFC's grasp

2 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Look at his age and look at how he's played for us last season once Carlos the fraud had fuckedoff. Then tell me how much an English defender of the same age and ability would cost?

£1.5 million for Venancio in this market would be nothing, never mind £800k. 

We're on a smaller budget than usual, and we need better than Venancio if we want to challenge, in my opinion.

Simple as that really. Couldn't care less what his value is meant to be in today's market tbh. 

If someone wants to spend 800k or £1.5m on him, let them. 

Is the European transfer window even open yet.?

Pretty sure he would prefer to return to a club and players he knows rather than a club that changes manager every few weeks.

Sounds a non story to me, probably his club or agent trying to wind up interest.

I have been told on here that we cannot sign any players from abroad yet, but every other team seems to be doing business Man Utd sign over £50m of foreign players yesterday alone. So I understand player can not officially arrive until the 1st July but it does not stop clubs i.e. us doing the deals and announcing then 1st July.

The problem I see with us in the past is we wait until the 1st July to start the deals at that point everyone else has the players signed and in.

It would be nice to here in the next few days we have agreed a few with Venancio club and he will officially sign on the 1st July. We can then tick of the centre back issues and focus on left back, right back and right wing.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Is the European transfer window even open yet.?

Pretty sure he would prefer to return to a club and players he knows rather than a club that changes manager every few weeks.

Sounds a non story to me, probably his club or agent trying to wind up interest.

Man utd signed a full back from Porto yesterday so it must be open now. 

I'm sure we will see signings in the next few weeks as window closes earlier now.

What a sorry state of affairs ,We look at 100 defenders spend reported £4 million on Van Aken , Venancio  who I rate better we cant afford £1 million for him . Leeds will go for it this yr .FFP break it get to premier you are quids in ,Fail and you are in trouble .Might be a couple of seasons before we get our finances sorted ,ie big money earners off books ,But so be it a football club aint just for Christmas its for life .

1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Man utd signed a full back from Porto yesterday so it must be open now. 

I'm sure we will see signings in the next few weeks as window closes earlier now.

No they haven't.  They've agreed to sign him when the transfer window opens.