Leeds United looking to snatch Venancio from #SWFC's grasp

Guest addedtime
20 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

No it’s not, there’s not a single part of Leeds that would improve Sheffield don’t talk wet.

Sadly he's right. Leeds is a cooler city centre, but we are the better.

28 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

No it’s not, there’s not a single part of Leeds that would improve Sheffield don’t talk wet.

It is though. We have basically one big street in the moor and fargate. They have loads of different spurts, shops and small shopping centres. We just have moor market for centres which has turned into the scrubby mess it was when it was at castle.

Our council let us down in town centre.

Guest Jack the Hat
5 hours ago, room0035 said:

The story was from HITC based in Leeds who take every player we are after and put Leeds name to it.

Its a bit like the Star but with a foul smell of west Yorkshire attached to it :picnic:

Yes I read this a couple of weeks ago but such is the quality of the site I wouldn't waste my time repeating it .

Guest Jack the Hat
6 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Fred has already signed for Man U

A creative midfielder bought to feed George Hirst I assume!

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Think Freddie has been in England long enough to know to not go to Leeds. Honestly what a dive that place is. 

Their town centre is much better than ours, but out in the suburbs it's a proper poo tip.

Genuinely never thought much of Leeds centre, though I haven't been for about 10 years tbf.

As for the suburbs... I used to work all over Leeds around 20 years ago, Chapeltown, Harehills and Seacroft were all excellent definitions of the word $H1TH0LE.

F.ooking HORRIBLE places.

Maybe they've improved since then, they certainly couldn't have got much worse.

As for Fred, last I heard he was desperate to stay here.

the way I see things this summer regarding venancio coming is there needs to be 500k plus available for us to get him ,that either means someone leaves to finance this or we agree a fee for hirst and or clare instead of either or both going to tribunal to decide the fees which might take a few weeks which is no good when you want your signings signed and sorted. at min I think we only have loovens and Wallace`s wages what we can use for loan signings at the min ,if a fee is involved we need cash from someone leaving, that's the way it is and its the way its going to be for 2-3 years ,there is going to be a lot of wheeling and dealing ,lets hope that we get 9/10 of them right unlike Carlos's 9/10 wrong ,with probably only adam reach been a successful signing what carlos made since he was given the control of signings since jan 2016 

9 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

Yeah i'm hoping it's the agent getting inpatient and wanting to push a deal through asap to get his pay day.

He's an in-patient!!!!!!

Where? Hallamshire? NGH? Tell me now, I'm IMPATIENT to know as I want the deal to be done!

If his agent is in Hospital I'll sort it.

FFS!

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Noticed 800k mentioned on here. Is that a genuine asking price or just made up crap?

Seems a bit steep to me. He's ok as a backup, but I was hoping we'd be looking at better. If the purse strings are to be tightened, I really wouldn't spend that on him.

Look at his age and look at how he's played for us last season once Carlos the fraud had fuckedoff. Then tell me how much an English defender of the same age and ability would cost?

£1.5 million for Venancio in this market would be nothing, never mind £800k.