Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Long trip NSW, don't know how long you're over here for, but you may be able to watch more than 1 game, subject to fixture list on 21st June. Also watch out for the dreaded fixture move for Sky broadcasting. Could scupper your plans. 

I’m counting down til June 21 and looking to book tickets as soon as they’re offered. It’s normally just moved to a Friday night or early kick off though yeah ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ian said:

Can you wait a couple of weeks to book everything ?.....if so wait for the fixtures to come out on the 21st June and you may be able to take in a couple of games Saturday and Tuesday with a bit of luck and a home draw in the cup which will mean you can do the Kop and North /South

 

Also have you thought about taking in an away game.....nob head count amongst our fans increases dramatically but would still be an experience for you 

I’ve taken a calculated punt based on previous years fixtures. International break looks like a possible spanner in the works but it might also throw up a midweek fixture. I have a 2 week window so will def try and fit in an away game as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Nswowl said:

I’m counting down til June 21 and looking to book tickets as soon as they’re offered. It’s normally just moved to a Friday night or early kick off though yeah ?

 

Could be moved to a Sunday or a 17.30 kick off. Away fixtures even worse if you're making travel plans, though now they have to give 6 weeks notice to change fixtures, so use that as your window of opportunity. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lombado said:

Hi, I'm going the opposite way in September, I have a ST on the North but I think my mother-in-law has plans for it otherwise.......

I would go for the North but book early.

Any idea when tickets go on sale ? I’m aware the draw is on June 21. Much after that ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nswowl said:

Any idea when tickets go on sale ? I’m aware the draw is on June 21. Much after that ?

keep a regular check on OT as people are very quick to post this information when it is available. Follow swfc on twitter etc to get alerts. 

And check the shop.sheffieldwednesday website

Edited by Lombado
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe come on the day we are playing sheff poo, will definitely be packed and we are definitely going to get our own back. They had their moment, our turn next season ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

 

The Chippy or one of the Beres roast pork sandwhich shops.

 

Or both. For the best experience haha 

fizz Beres. Lilys is even better! You'll have to get there pretty early though as they sell out quick @Nswowl.

 

Where you travelling from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Maybe come on the day we are playing sheff poo, will definitely be packed and we are definitely going to get our own back. They had their moment, our turn next season ;) 

That would be the dream. But I’ll more likely draw Brentford. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

fizz Beres. Lilys is even better! You'll have to get there pretty early though as they sell out quick @Nswowl.

 

Where you travelling from?

Sydney 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nswowl said:

Sydney 

If you ask to do a guided tour at the Stain first and tell them you've come all the way from Oz to see the Oldest league ground still in use and their fabled honours board, you might just get your name on it as their "longest distance visitor"! :ph34r:

 

Then do the tour at Hillsborough and see what a proper football ground and trophy room looks like!

Edited by Utah Owl
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

If you ask to do a guided tour at the Stain first and tell them you've come all the way from Oz to see the Oldest league ground still in use and their fabled honours board, you might just get your name on it as their "longest distance visitor"! :ph34r:

 

Then do the tour at Hillsborough and see what a proper football ground and trophy room looks like!

I’ll pass thanks. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nswowl said:

I’ll pass thanks. 

Good man!

 

On a serious note though, you really do need to try one (or more) of the hot roast pork sandwiches from Beres as part of the pre-match ritual. Get a king-size with everything on (stuffing apple sauce and crackling) and ask for the bread to be dipped (in all the juices from the meat) they really are very, very special. The shop is less than 100yds from the ground and everyone knows where to find it. Also worth going on normal weekdays for a breakfast sandwich or lunch. Whenever I'm home I always make a beeline for the place.

 

Then after the game proper fish chips and mushy peas!

 

Oh and in case you haven't guessed, I'm rather on the large size! lol

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember my first time on the kop watching the pigs. The atmosphere was fantastic. At the semi final playoff game vs Brighton there was a Yank sat next to me and he was watching us for the first time. He was in a daze throughout.

So, the Kop is great. Love it. And you'll fit in fine. Were all Wednesday aren't we? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Good man!

 

On a serious note though, you really do need to try one (or more) of the hot roast pork sandwiches from Beres as part of the pre-match ritual. Get a king-size with everything on (stuffing apple sauce and crackling) and ask for the bread to be dipped (in all the juices from the meat) they really are very, very special. The shop is less than 100yds from the ground and everyone knows where to find it. Also worth going on normal weekdays for a breakfast sandwich or lunch. Whenever I'm home I always make a beeline for the place.

 

Then after the game proper fish chips and mushy peas!

 

Oh and in case you haven't guessed, I'm rather on the large size! lol

Geez they must be good. I posted hoping for tips on pubs and where to sit but everyone’s just banging on about Beres pork sangers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

The chinese chippy in leppings lane is the best one in the country. 

Better oh and ask for the North East corner next to Tango :tango:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:21, Nswowl said:

I’m on my way to Hillsborough early in the season to make my debut appearance as a Wednesday supporter. Been a fan watching from the other side of the world for 30 plus years. Looking for suggestions on what I should try and experience as I’m not sure when it will happen again. As in where’s the best place to sit as a rookie. Best watering holes before and after. As well as any other match day must dos and do nots ? My baseline is Jimmy Hill on a Monday night or waking up at 3 am trying to log into Wednesday Player so any suggestions are welcome.

Hillsborough club, no pushing no shoving and cheep refreshments, plus a nice family atmosphere

Image result for small chicken pictures

Edited by The Claw
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...