Have you ever caught or headed the ball at a match?

20 hours ago, s.armo said:

On the kop at he Santos game with my mate .Pele shot went over the bar straight into my hands. My claim to fame.

No way are you mates with Pele and I’m pretty sure he was on the pitch that day NOT sat on the kop......

Peterbrough away on a tuesday night.

They were winning and the ball boy let the ball run passed him toward corner flag.

I leant over wall nearly head first got the ball launched it back to thier keeper.

Bullen equalised in injury time.:ghoulguy:

Thank me later!lol

They did a half time game where they where trying to chip ball into boot of car and the car was parked in front of away end, needless to say the balls were flying into the wednesdayites but we were keeping them so they abandoned the game  due to no footys  :tango:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Was that you lol Was reyt funny cos that twonk had been giving it big un all game too daft poopydoo lol

Haha yeah it was me. The dad of the kid I decked was telling him to catch the ball and keep it to hold up play. Wallace just looked at me completely puzzled as to why Id given the ball straight back to him. 

There was one very hot day in 2005 when I had drunk several pints when the ball just hit me out of nowhere on the shin.

it really really hurt.

More than I thought possible from a mere ball.

We’d been baiting one of their players all match with chants of 5-0, 5-0, 5-0 too.  He thought it was funny when the ball caused me so much pain.

Glenn McGrath was his name.

• Haha 1

When i was 12 I was reading war of the monster trucks leaning against the seat in front of me and suddenly i had a searing pain ripping through my thigh.

Hirsty had volleyed the ball in the warm up just over the bar which hit the empty seat in front and nearly chopped me in half.  I caught it... square in the thigh.

Other than that my Auntie caught a ball that Carlton Palmer kicked in to the stands and brought it home for me.

I was a big fan of them kicking ball in to the crowd for keeps in the mid 90s.

On 04/06/2018 at 13:19, BingleyOwl said:

Preston away start of 2017/18 season. I was sat in the home end on the front row. Ball came out for a Wednesday throw in. Instinctively I stepped forwards and palmed it back to Wallace. In the process I accidently decked a young PNE fan into the advertising board prompting a huge cheer from the Owls masses and a swift exit for me.

Funny as, that!:tango:

That kid lept forward with 2 feet off the ground like superman only to be clothes lined in the same flight and he ended up on the deck:ghoulguy:

Someone must have a video of that on a phone somewherelol

On 04/06/2018 at 10:43, alanharper said:

The ball doesn't often reach row 40 of the North Stand...

But over the years I've managed to get a touch of the ball at Hillsborough (when we sat nearer the front), Anfield, Ninian Park and Elland Road. None of which were actual catches which resulted in me nonchalantly returning the ball to a player with everyone thinking how cool I am - at away games when we're nearer the front I always have a huge phobia that one day I'll catch the ball but in trying to throw it back I'll do a pathetic girly throw that doesn't even reach the pitch resulting in me becoming a laughing stock forever.

The one bright spot for me last night was that I managed to get my 5th touch of the ball in almost 42 years of going to games.

Wild shot from their player went high and wide and I saw it coming my way and leapt like a salmon (actually I just put my arms up) and got both hands to it to tip it up and behind. Spent a sleepless night thinking that I should have held it. 

At MK Dons last week

The woman sat in front of us was hit on the side of the head from a Windass shot during the warm up

She must have seen the ball at the very last moment and turned her head to the side

It was a massive hit though 

To his credit Windass came into the crowd to check if she was okay

We joked about it at half time, she asked why I hadn't stopped it, I said I saw it at the last minute same as she did

Her hubby accused her of milking it

I told her it was lucky she was there otherwise the ball would have hit us

She took it all in good spirits bless her

Then I told her my son who was sat directly behind her, used to be a goalkeeper

Yeah that didn't go down very well

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.