Have you ever caught or headed the ball at a match?

A few year back I was in Milton Keynes visiting the in laws when we clocked there was a game v Brighton which was basically free if you had kids. Me and the two kids went, sat about 5 rows from the front. Next thing the ball got cleared from the MK box about 10 mile up in the air bearing straight down on us. Course I didn’t want to catch it so I thought it was a better idea to volley it straight back. As my football skills were not as good as they used to be I caught it on the side of my foot thus sent the ball spinning backwards straight into the dial of a chap sat about 5 rows back, blood everywhere..Quickly I apologised and the guy was cool about it but then I realised his lad had a Man Ure shirt on so I think it was a pretty good shot all in all.. 

• Haha 1

Away at Huddersfield when Llera scored that free kick the year we beat the pigs to 2nd I was right at the front.  Ball came straight to me and I threw it back to one of our players for the corner.  Then when Llera scored all the players celebrated right in front of us.  That was a great day!

Just not bothered...

I went to white hart lane to watch us in the 94-95 season, I caught the ball after one of our players kicked it out. Nicky Barmby was waiting for me to give the ball to him so I looked at him but threw the ball the other way and gave him the rods. He was laughing though to be fair.

Playoff final vs hartlepool only time, were travelling but luckily caught it, held onto it a bit too, cant remember if it was cos we were winning tho or if i sensed my only 15 seconds of fame on camera lol

ive never caught or headed the ball at a game , the last time I touched a match ball was a fizzing jermain Johnson shot what I finger tipped over my head on kop ,I didn't fancy getting smacked in the face so tipped it over my head lol in last 4 years the ball has not come anywhere near me during a game ,due to having a previous manager who was not kean on taking shots 

Guest Arcadianrocket

Have you ever caught or headed the ball at a game before.

Welcome to Pre Season 2018.

I like wandering around my garden late at night.

Gazing in awe up at the night sky.

But I am ready.

Like Springett.

Ready to catch Simmo's penalty without doing a 'Loris'....

• Haha 1

Took a Bannan piledriver full on in the warm up at Bolton last August in the League Cup.

Caught it flawlessly, he gave me a thumbs up! Should have put me in goal that night seen as Wildsmith did his usual trick of gifting the opposition a goal..

10 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

Preston away start of 2017/18 season. I was sat in the home end on the front row. Ball came out for a Wednesday throw in. Instinctively I stepped forwards and palmed it back to Wallace. In the process I accidently decked a young PNE fan into the advertising board prompting a huge cheer from the Owls masses and a swift exit for me.

Was that you lol Was reyt funny cos that twonk had been giving it big un all game too daft poopydoo lol