Anglo-Italian Cup 1969

I'm on holiday in Naples, Italy at the moment. I've just been trying to explain to an old Italian guy that I once saw Naples play at Hillsborough. Can anyone help me, at the end of the 68/69 season (I think) Wednesday took part in the Anglo/Italian Cup and I'm pretty sure that it was Naples against who we played home and away. I was only 8 years old then so I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure it was 0-0 At home and they beat us in Italy. Anyone remember this one?

Intriguing that a team like Swindon Town won the competition , I imagine not all the sides took it to seriously as it was played at the end of the season , bizzarely !

20 minutes ago, Watto said:

Intriguing that a team like Swindon Town won the competition , I imagine not all the sides took it to seriously as it was played at the end of the season , bizzarely !

Those were the days when every match was taken seriously No resting players, or squad rotation

We had the Anglo/ Italian Cup the blunts had to make do with the Texaco Cup & Watney Cup.

40 minutes ago, Watto said:

Napoli lost to Swindon in the final 1970 , and the Italians didn't  take defeat lightly .

On 03/06/2018 at 21:50, Germanowl said:

I'm on holiday in Naples, Italy at the moment. I've just been trying to explain to an old Italian guy that I once saw Naples play at Hillsborough. Can anyone help me, at the end of the 68/69 season (I think) Wednesday took part in the Anglo/Italian Cup and I'm pretty sure that it was Naples against who we played home and away. I was only 8 years old then so I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure it was 0-0 At home and they beat us in Italy. Anyone remember this one?

Ho visto Napoli calcio contro mio squadra Sheffield Wednesday  molte anni fa.

Anche, Paolo do Canio ha cercato per noi.