The Sam Winnalll situation

Someone on here last week was adamant he was in the process of signing for managerless (at the time) Derby.......I don’t see it myself. A return to S6 and fresh start suits both parties, maybe...

Well, once he's recovered from injury, I would like to see how well he can do with Jos guiding him. It's going to be like a new start for him, and no Carlos airing his dirty laundry, so it could work out well for the player and for us.

I honestly think we've got a good goalscorer there, so once fit I would look to keep him, as long as Jos "can" get him firing of course.

Good championship striker, bought at great price that will either be an asset to us or generate decent profit. 

I wish we had more players tgat fitted into that category, definitely an area that we should be looking to improve and take players that are running out of contract at lesser clubs, see if they can make it with us and loan/sell at profit. 

• Like 1

What happens depends a lot on his injury. Or rather the status of his recovery from injury.

If he is not able to convince Derby or any other suitors that he will be able to return to full fitness and form he won't be able to go anywhere until January.

So, if he is here until January a lot can happen. If he buckles down and keeps his nose clean he may convince Jos he is worth keeping and he may fall in love with the club again. Or he may wish to be off regardless in the new year.

If he is disruptive and doesn't buy in to the programme he may be frozen out and/or shipped out in January.