how much is Westwood suddenly worth?

Whatever we think of Westwood it has to be said he's reached 34 without ever threatening to become a premier league regular

And he was 2nd choice to Mignolet

Not the best CV to attract huge transfer fees

1 hour ago, poite said:

By my calculations Benzema at the age of 30 is probably worth about 50m and that goal he scored in the final last night was pretty easy. Based on the fact I think Nuhiu could quite easily score a goal like that and given he's only 28 I believe that goal by Benzema has increased Nuhiu's value in excess of 70m. 

Does everyone agree?

I do !

10 hours ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

If you consider that Simon Minnolet only got a game at Sunderland because Westwood was injured a few years ago - and that was enogh to get him a move to Liverpool - where Karius now gets picked above him...............

Given that my granny would have only let one n tonight - just how much is Westwood worth? - one man solution to FPP

If last night proved anything it is we should keep Westwood. Wildsmith had four or five clangers every bit as bad in the space of four months. Would you trust him in a play off final. Whilst Dawson has promise don’t think I would like to think he was number one and Wildsmith number two for a full season. 

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Westwood of two years ago would have kept a clean sheet last night.  Bale's was a bit loopy and saveable. 

However agree with earlier sentiment he's currently an injured second division player.

That said lots of Prem teams will be on lookout for new keepers.

3m or 2m and a promising quick youngster from Southampton academy...

I'll show my arse in Woolworths' window if we got over £1M for him.

• Haha 1

The poor fella received a vile amount of abuse from the Liverpool fans last night. He was tweeted death threats and wishes thst his kids die of a cancer and the like. It wasn't just the odd few tweets either......... you'll never walk alone my arse

27 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

The poor fella received a vile amount of abuse from the Liverpool fans last night. He was tweeted death threats and wishes thst his kids die of a cancer and the like. It wasn't just the odd few tweets either......... you'll never walk alone my arse

It wasn’t Liverpool fans who did that. It was mischievous Man Utd fans who were on Twitter.

I’m telling you now mate, it wasn’t our fault mate! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stoop said:

Yeah

I don’t know how he’ll come back from that. Goalkeepers are remembered for their howlers (like Rob Green and Massimo Taibi)  but to do two in such an important game is scary

Cant  forget good old "calamity James" Liverpool have had some right keepers down the years lol

A fit Westwood is worth a dam site more to us than his transfer fee at his age and last seasons injuries will ever achieve .

He’s the best goalie by a country mile we’ve had in years , certainly in the top 3 in this division . If we are to ever achieve  our dream of the premier league we need to cross our fingers than this injury makes him determined to come back fitter and stronger than before .

People forget goalies can play at the top level well into their late 30’s 

Edited by Vernster

28 minutes ago, Vernster said:

A fit Westwood is worth a dam site more to us than his transfer fee at his age and last seasons injuries will ever achieve .

He’s the best goalie by a country mile we’ve had in years , certainly in the top 3 in this division . If we are to ever achieve  our dream of the premier league we need to cross our fingers than this injury makes him determined to come back fitter and stronger than before .

People forget goalies can play at the top level well into their late 30’s 

I just don't think this will ever happen again though, that's my personal issue.

If I could get over that, i'd be saying he's worth the wage and lets get one of the other two keepers out on a season long loan somewhere that guarantees them first team action.

For that reason too, I think people saying we'll get £x million for him are living in cloud cuckoo land    If he goes, he goes on a free.

23 hours ago, Morepork said:

I don’t see how one keepers poor performance raises the value of another TBH. My overriding feeling at the end of the game was one of concern for the Liverpool keepers health.

Part 1 agree with

Part 2 mine was of amusement!

11 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It wasn’t Liverpool fans who did that. It was mischievous Man Utd fans who were on Twitter.

I’m telling you now mate, it wasn’t our fault mate! 

Calm down mate ; calm down.

CALM FECKIN DOWN 

FFS

This thread is making me think we should keep him tbh

We need to make sure he can keep fit, but otherwise he's still a quality keeper, he was outstanding in CC's first year

And we know he can play under pressure

Edited by jomaco