The Signing of Jordan Rhodes

Guest Arcadianrocket

Guest Arcadianrocket

It has often been said that the chairman made this signing because we as fans demanded it. I agree that a lot of fans had wanted to sign him.

It made me think had the club asked us as fans who we wanted to sign for the amount paid and did a poll - who do do you think at the time many of us would have asked for?

3 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

It has often been said that the chairman made this signing because we as fans demanded it. I agree that a lot of fans had wanted to sign him.

It made me think had the club asked us as fans who we wanted to sign for the amount paid and did a poll - who do do you think at the time many of us would have asked for?

ALF

Think some of us at the time were saying we needed to strengthen other areas of the team rather than bringing in another striker. In particular a commanding ball playing centre back or a midfield beast. Quite a few of us were saying we needed pace and power after the play off final, and were saying it back then, since and still saying it now.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think it was all about the timing really Even I would have taken Rhodes 5 years ago

Exactly, he was low on confidence and lost his sharpness but when we signed him we didn't need another attacker. We needed to strengthen other areas of the team.

Guest Arcadianrocket

For me at the time we needed a center back and I had hoped for James Chester. Chester and Lees with Loovens as back up would have been good.

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Scot Hogan = Jordan Rhodes Mark 2

Good comparison.

Hogan is a little more livelier though.

I don't get where this 'Fans wanted him' came from. I for one mocked Boro for splashing out £10m the year before. 

Poor signing but given that we already had 6 strikers on our books and only ever played 2 at a time it was a terrible signing. 

• Thanks 1