Matias wants to stay..

36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Not that impressed either..He's similar to Abdi, totally capable of doing a job, but seemingly hasn't got the attitude.

Lopez was similar for a few months, but once he got his head down I was sorry to see him go, but the length of time its taken Matias and Abdi?

jam tomorrow......again

Don't think Abdi or Matias problems are they're attitude.

They just couldnt keep fit. 

• Like 1

This team, if kept fit, is well capable of a top-six finish, without further additions.

Even with a portion of our better players back we won game after game in the closing stages.

But it's about keeping players fit, and Mathews/Matias is a fine example.

Easily good enough at this level, but if the treatment room continues to look like a field hospital next season, then we're wasting our time - and money - with him.

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Playing as a forward I still think he offers something when fit.

That willingness to put a sprint on and get in behind which seems to alien a concept these days.

Yep really need someone on the same wavelength as him, as you are (for once :biggrin:) so right he reads the game so well and gets in behind the opposition.

Has the ability to be as influential as FF

+ He has ability and pace and in his career has shown he can finish.

- He is fragile and I personally think he is always a sending off waiting to happen.

Options

Depend of how much we are paying him.

If not much I think he can be an asset to the squad given the different formations Jos likes to use.

If significant then try and move him out.

He's got the talent & the pace that many of us crave but I personally don't believe he has the physical or mental attributes to hack it in the Championship even under a stricter training regime from Jos. 

When he is fit to play he more often than not spends most of the time on the floor trying to get free kicks & arguing with the ref.

If we were flushed with cash I'd be ok letting him see out his contract but when we're struggling with FFP & need to get rid of 1 or 2 high earners then for me Matias & Abdi need to be top of the list to go. Providing we can get some mug to take them that is.

don't how much he is on but whatever it is above a quid, is a quid too much ,3 years of wasted wages ,whats going to change next season? sorry to be mean but all these players we are carrying are doing damage to our club going forward . we owt to do a book on who gets injured 1st during pre season and who out of any of them will stay fit till xmas 

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Yep really need someone on the same wavelength as him, as you are (for once :biggrin:) so right he reads the game so well and gets in behind the opposition.

Has the ability to be as influential as FF

I think he'll be an option in the wide striker role. 

(When/if Jos sticks with it)

I think if anyone can get the best out of the lad it's this manager. 

Whether he can stay fit long enough is another matter.