Matias wants to stay..

14 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Write performance based 1 year extension option into his contract. If he plays 20 games it opens up the automatic option of an extra year. 

You know the details of his contract or is it just gossip ?

Looks a decent player at times, but rarely fit. We need players who can contribute on the pitch over the whole season (or as near as realistically possible), doesn't matter how good they may be if they are sat in the stands. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Looks a decent player at times, but rarely fit. We need players who can contribute on the pitch over the whole season (or as near as realistically possible), doesn't matter how good they may be if they are sat in the stands. 

not good enough bud get rid,we must have the biggest treatment room in football

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Do you sniff glue?

Pace - quickest i’ve seen him is when he got sent off. 

Movement - Started 16 games in 3 years. Obviously not moving well enough

Finishing - Scored 3 goals in 3 years. I’ve got a yoghurt in the fridge with a better track record

Can that yoghurt play on the left side of midfield? 

Be interesting to see him play under Jos, just like a few other players, we could see totally different players under this manger. By the sounds of it the players weren’t 100% fit under Carlos and were rushed back from injuries, also training & pre season was relaxed under CC, fitter stronger & not rushed back from injury, different tactics and players like Matias and Fletcher might be a lot better. 

Hasn't really worked out for him has it. 

Maybe more to do with his injures rather than a lack of talent.

Can see why we signed him. scored a lot of goals before he came to us in a half decent league. So he has definitely got something there to for Jos to work with.

Just feel when all our better players are back and what with the form of Nuhiu and Joao I am really struggling to see him getting enough game time. But if he wants to stay here and earn a new contract he better start upping his game and fast.

He's under contract and I guess every one starts with a clean slate from 01/07. He's going to have to go some to shake off the malingerer tag though. He's also another one who needs to channel his energies towards the game and not opposition players and referees.

It'll be fascinating to see if Jos and his team can get players like Matais and Abdi fit for more than a few weeks.

He seems well aware that he needs to step up and show what he can do this season. Sometimes players have a nightmare with injuries. Hopefully he's over that and can show his ability over a longer period in the coming season, else it won't matter how much he wants to stay.

I've never been impressed by him.  He's had the odd good moment, but rarely a great game and even rarer a run of good ones.  I can't even think of a time where he's started 3 games in a row.  In the time he's been here that's just not good enough.

Just not bothered...

Not that impressed either..He's similar to Abdi, totally capable of doing a job, but seemingly hasn't got the attitude.

Lopez was similar for a few months, but once he got his head down I was sorry to see him go, but the length of time its taken Matias and Abdi?

jam tomorrow......again

Edited by asteener1867

He's got the same "oompf" factor as Forestieri... the ability to do something a little bit unexpected that beats a defender... that spark of flair.

Difference between him and Forestieri is that with the latter we see it about once per game... with Matias I think we're at around once a season? I would love love love for him to come good... but realistically if a club offered to take him off the wage bill, if it were down to me, I'd wish him the best of luck for the future and get rid of that backlog of doctor's notes.

Personally feel it’s good news to hear he wants to stay and prove himself in English football. Better than having someone who’s happy to sit on the sidelines 

I think in Jos’ 343 formation he could be a pleasant surprise next season, as part of the attacking players obviously. 

We bought him on the basis of one good season at nacional but he has been a drain on the club for 3 years, I don't think he has always been unfit but Carlos didn't seem to want to pick him when fit. The problem he has is Reach and Fessi are in front of him for the role on the left but the few times he played last season up front with Nuihu he looked ok and his distribution was very good but he needs to be there or there about's for 46 games not 6 games. I just think if we can get rid or find someone to loan him too who can pay all or most of his wages is the best bet. 

Maybe we could player swap him for Venancio, might be a good move for both, we get the center back we need they get a player who has performed in Portuguese football and we get his salary off the books too.

Edited by room0035