Matias wants to stay..

He is in a position where he has to stay fit and play, or no one will want him.

Be that with Wednesday or elsewhere he has to do it, so it's a no lose situation for Wednesday.    He's not been available for so long that we have no reliance on him.   If he suddenly becomes available more frequently for whatever reason it would be daft not to use him.

Suddenly people's opinions may change on if he should stay or go I suppose then.    

He just has to stay fit now!

25 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Cause he wants to stay..he will av become a millionaire for doing nothing for years..why Wundt he want to stay...portugal..algarve..Carlos..happily these days are over

You reckon he's been injured and not been able to play for three years of a short career through choice? 

Edited by the monk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Don't know,what does it say?

So if by chance he played most games and was on fire you'd let him walk away? 

It's says he's happy to sit on his arse and collect a cheque. Not the kind of player you want to get saddled with for another 3-4 years despite maybe showing a glimmer  of talent maybe 3 times a season if that.

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

If he comes close to repeating what he did the season before we signed him and he’s available on a free then I’d say most clubs in the division as well as some foreign ones. 

He was out out long term with hernia. I believe they don’t just come back very often. Then a groin injury and suffered set backs. Could be wrong and speculation on my part, but could he be another that suffered as Carlos rushed back to training, despite not picking him. God knows how many players received set backs. None more than Marco.

I’d just be intrigued to see how he does pre season. I just don’t think he’s as made of biscuits as Hutch for example, even though he record here is shocking.

I kind of agree . It clearly hasn’t worked out but he’s clearly not knackered like Hutchinson or abdi . He was fit for most of last season and the season before just us elected. Having said that I do doubt he will but the surprise hero of next season 

• Like 1

Stolen money off us.

Get rid asap. No point even trying to integrate a player into a quad/system with his trak record.

Genuinely wnder how much of the time he was actually injured and how much was just that he didn't fancy it.

Fuckhim.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Are people gonna use this ‘carlos rushed him back’ narrative for every injured player now? 

Matias is is a crock and a waste of space, as is Abdi. If possible both should be paid off and shown the door ASAP 

Yeah, I'm planning to. Well, at least bear it in mind anyway.

Mind you, I'm not sure it would apply with Matias anyway - beyond his first few months at the club after which he picked up an injury anyway, Carlos barely ever looked towards Matias anyway, whether he was fit or not - and actually, a lot of the time he was fit.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

Yeah, I'm planning to. Well, at least bear it in mind anyway.

Mind you, I'm not sure it would apply with Matias anyway - beyond his first few months at the club after which he picked up an injury anyway, Carlos barely ever looked towards Matias anyway, whether he was fit or not - and actually, a lot of the time he was fit.

This is the thing for me. I’m not sure whether he’s been injured or just overlooked, I’m guessing it’s a bit of both.

but we have to trust Jos’s judgement. All players are starting from fresh. If Jos thinks he’s good enough he will be involved. If not he won’t be. Personally I think he deserves a go in the team. His mixture of pace and aggression gives us something very different to what we already have in the squad.

3 hours ago, the monk said:

Don't know,what does it say?

So if by chance he played most games and was on fire you'd let him walk away? 

I think that is wishful thinking. The guy hasn't anymore than 6 games a season in him at best. Easiest pay packet he is ever had or is likely to have.  

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Are people gonna use this ‘carlos rushed him back’ narrative for every injured player now? 

Matias is is a crock and a waste of space, as is Abdi. If possible both should be paid off and shown the door ASAP 

Ye I will for the ones that break down in training and have setbacks. 

Doesn’t usually happen unless a player come back too early. 

Manager makes final decision. Even if the players want to train and play. It’s his decision. So therefore I will put some of the blame on Carlos.

12 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

It's says he's happy to sit on his arse and collect a cheque. Not the kind of player you want to get saddled with for another 3-4 years despite maybe showing a glimmer  of talent maybe 3 times a season if that.

That's how you've interpreted it. Doesn't mean it's actually the case.