Matias wants to stay..

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Pace, movement, finishing

Do you sniff glue?

Pace - quickest i’ve seen him is when he got sent off. 

Movement - Started 16 games in 3 years. Obviously not moving well enough

Finishing - Scored 3 goals in 3 years. I’ve got a yoghurt in the fridge with a better track record

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Has anybody actually seen anything from him to suggest he is ‘quality’ as some say? Aside from the Leeds goal he’s done fizz all of note. 

Had a great game away at Forest also

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Do you sniff glue?

Pace - quickest i’ve seen him is when he got sent off. 

Movement - Started 16 games in 3 years. Obviously not moving well enough

Finishing - Scored 3 goals in 3 years. I’ve got a yoghurt in the fridge with a better track record

Glue? Not so much these days, but yes the poor fella has been dogged by injury Hopefully he will be fitter now under this new regime Despite all these injuries, he still seems to have retained his pace, as evidenced by his cameo against Norwich

The thing for me is he has a year left and nobody is going to take him off our hands. IF Jo’s can get a response out of him ( as he has with Dave and Lucas) then it could be an interesting season for him. With our luck he will have a brilliant season ......and leave on a free next summer.

Delighted to see that he has the motivation to keep going. Hopefully some time under Jos can get the best out of him. Got pace, aggression and works hard so I’m convinced he’ll make it in this league if he gets a good run.

5 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

could be a good player if he got his head right

His head's fine - it's the rest of his body where the problem lies. :rolleyes:

Oxon got in too quick there. lol

Edited by ChinaOwl
  • Haha 1

At the end of the day nobody really has a choice do they.

12 months from now he won't be here regardless. Nobody is going to pay us money for him in that time, so all we can do is hope he's another player that Jos can bring something out of.

Given our recent flexibility in terms of formations and that we've found other players and roles that suit better under Jos than they did under Carlos, I'm intrigued to see what happens but will keep my expectations in check. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

No doubt about about his quality he has another year on his contract ,keep and see if he can stand up to the rigours of the championship

Write performance based 1 year extension option into his contract. If he plays 20 games it opens up the automatic option of an extra year. 

He's got another year anyway, but even if he was out of contract now it's obvious that we'd have let him go without offering him another contract.

But with his 12 months he's got the chance to deliver something even if only to set up a move for himself in January.

He's been a poor signing and his injury record has been, yes, woeful, but also so badly timed each time it's happened - there's no getting away from that - I do think there's a talent there though. We've mostly seen it in mere flashes (although his performances against Reading and Carlisle at home in the cup were both excellent), and he has to do a heck of a lot better than that.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I think he'll get a chance next season so I reckon we'll find out one way or another.