Starting XI

On 22/05/2018 at 09:49, swfcjack27 said:

Kieran Lee right wing back? Best midfielder at the club would be totally wasted. 

Westwood

Hunt

Venancio

Lees

Pudil

Reach 

Lee

Bannan

FF

Hooper

Nuhiu

Maybe not the best, but he would be wasted at right back... 

Edited by Daizan10

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:49, swfcjack27 said:

Kieran Lee right wing back? Best midfielder at the club would be totally wasted. 

Westwood

Hunt

Venancio

Lees

Pudil

Reach 

Lee

Bannan

FF

Hooper

Nuhiu

One of the biggest issues Carlos had was fitting Lee and Bannan in same team and it often led to Bannan being played out of position and his form suffering for it. Also take into consideration Lee has come very close to retiring by all accounts so a move out of the middle would probably do him good.

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:31, Daizan10 said:

Maybe not the best, but he would be wasted at right back... 

In the formations Jos plays the wing back positions are the most important on the pitch, he wouldn't be wasted.

14 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

In the formations Jos plays the wing back positions are the most important on the pitch, he wouldn't be wasted.

But hes not got the skill-set for right wing-back. His strength is his movement in the middle, which would be wasted or useless at right wing back. Ghosting into the box and getting on the end of things and making bursting runs beyond the defence are not things that a full back can do. There is a reason he wasn't fully appreciated until he moved from the right to the center. He just isn't as effective on the right. 

22 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

One of the biggest issues Carlos had was fitting Lee and Bannan in same team and it often led to Bannan being played out of position and his form suffering for it. Also take into consideration Lee has come very close to retiring by all accounts so a move out of the middle would probably do him good.

Not looking for an argument mate, but you want to move Kieran Lee, with his gammy hip, from centre mid to wingback? Where he'd have to get up and down the line and deal with nippy, agile full backs and quick and nimble wingers who turn on a sixpence? Meanwhile Kieran Lee turns like a poorly maintained Robocop, who 'by all accounts' has come close to retiring...

I have an image in my head of bits of KL flying off as he gets going, like young Forrest Gump running from the bullies...

Sorry I'm being flippant. I think it would be a wrong move. Both for us and Kieran Lee.

9 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

But hes not got the skill-set for right wing-back. His strength is his movement in the middle, which would be wasted or useless at right wing back. Ghosting into the box and getting on the end of things and making bursting runs beyond the defence are not things that a full back can do. There is a reason he wasn't fully appreciated until he moved from the right to the center. He just isn't as effective on the right. 

It could of just been Dave Jones? He got Oldhams player of the season 3 years running didn't he at right back? And he played right wing when he was at Man U, it might not work but we need a marked improvement both sides and in Reach and Lee we might already have it.

1 hour ago, spike1867 said:

Not looking for an argument mate, but you want to move Kieran Lee, with his gammy hip, from centre mid to wingback? Where he'd have to get up and down the line and deal with nippy, agile full backs and quick and nimble wingers who turn on a sixpence? Meanwhile Kieran Lee turns like a poorly maintained Robocop, who 'by all accounts' has come close to retiring...

I have an image in my head of bits of KL flying off as he gets going, like young Forrest Gump running from the bullies...

Sorry I'm being flippant. I think it would be a wrong move. Both for us and Kieran Lee.

Good quality wing backs cost a lot of money, i'm not saying its definatly the answer but id be surprised if it isn't considered.