Why is everyone so obsessed with pace?

So many people on all but the some of the threads always turn things round to Wednesday's problem being we've got no pace in side. 

Whilst i do agree we probably do need a wing back who is quick but people are asking for us to sign 2 wingers with pace which lets be right doesn't seem like the vibe the Jos is going for he wants to play with wing backs and our RWB (Hunt not Palmer) is quick. 

But i also don't particularly think we are crying out for it. the last 3 games at hillsborough we rolled every single team over all this done without any pace so i suppose what i'm really saying is are we that desperate for lets face it someone whos gonna be a speed demon with the end product of JJ?

I think if we was bringing in someone with pace i'd prefer to be a striker because i don't think a winger would play that much. We have someone that can do that in Matias but unfortunately he's made out of rich teas

The thing defenders hate most is pace, but it's not the be-all & end-all..

You need a combination of pace, instinctive finishers in your side, with creativity.

FF & BB have the creativity, Rhodes (if he ever gets his goal-scoring mojo back) and Hooper are the instinctive finishers, really need pace and power to complete the triangle.
Joao could possibly be that player, but needs to work on certain aspects of his game over the pre-season.

Football is always changing, over the last few years we have moved from having possession, to having good possession and actually creating things, teams are now focussing a lot more on the transition, either defensively or attacking.

The better teams are the teams that on a transition anywhere on the pitch can hurt teams, Liverpool are the masters of the transition, for it to work and win you football matches you need pace, Salah and Mane.

Man City are the best all round team in England, they have pace at both ends of the pitch, the pace at the back with Kyle Walker and Otamendi allows them to push higher, this is where the success comes from with the sustained attacks. The pace up top of Sterling and Sane also means they can kill teams in a positive transition.

Wolves mastered it this year in the Championship.

36 minutes ago, GazBricks said:

So many people on all but the some of the threads always turn things round to Wednesday's problem being we've got no pace in side. 

Whilst i do agree we probably do need a wing back who is quick but people are asking for us to sign 2 wingers with pace which lets be right doesn't seem like the vibe the Jos is going for he wants to play with wing backs and our RWB (Hunt not Palmer) is quick. 

But i also don't particularly think we are crying out for it. the last 3 games at hillsborough we rolled every single team over all this done without any pace so i suppose what i'm really saying is are we that desperate for lets face it someone whos gonna be a speed demon with the end product of JJ?

Was Fessi not playing in the last few games then as he is one of the quickest attackers in the league.

29 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You can't beat someone with real pace

Yes you can put someone there with real ability and pace is nice but not needed our best two winger in last 30 years in Brunt and Waddle neither could run but they could trick their way to the byline and their delivery was excellent, thats what we miss, Reach is quick but his delivery needs work and crossing from 30 yards from the byline is bread and butter for a defender/keeper then we had Wallace on the other wing who could not cross with his right foot so he is always going to go in field.

Swap these two with Marshall on one wing and Hoilette on the other both have good delivery and all of a sudden we get more chance to score goals.

41 minutes ago, GazBricks said:

No i don't disagree but most of the speed demons so to speak what they have in pace they lose in end product & quality 

100% agree but they scare the hell out of defenders. And relive pressure especially in away games and in most cases prevent busting teMs full backs exposing ours. .

I get the sense Jos will want to sometimes play counter attacking football, and for that you need pace, to be any good at it anyway. 

I dont see why anyone wouldn't want pace in a team, it's just a different option, teams that get promoted often have a bit of everything. 

I wouldn't class anyone in our team as having blistering pace to beat a man tbh. 

5 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I get the sense Jos will want to sometimes play counter attacking football, and for that you need pace, to be any good at it anyway. 

I dont see why anyone wouldn't want pace in a team, it's just a different option, teams that get promoted often have a bit of everything. 

I wouldn't class anyone in our team as having blistering pace to beat a man tbh. 

Helan was the last we had. had Salah pace to beat a man. shame that's where the similarities ended.