Surely bloody not!

Take it there is no actual substance to that? 

The double exclamation mark at the end says it all, no chance we will pay Butterfield any more money, unless it's a deal to ensure he doesn't return.

5 minutes ago, snaykz said:

Not gonna happen.

If Derby want Winnall they're gonna have to cough up some cold, hard cash. And I'm not sure they've got much to spare at the moment.

Exactly. I'd let Winnall go there no questions asked, as long as we made back at least what we bought him for.  

But there would zero reason at all for Butterfield to even considered a long term option coming this way.

Can see Winnall eventually leaving but can't see Butterfield coming back. I'm pretty certain that if we do bring in any midfielders, that they will be younger and will have more energy. Seems like Jos is wisely targeting younger players, like he alluded to, in order to fit into how Jos wants to set up, which surely means we won't see Butterfield in a Wednesday shirt again?

No way would we bring Butterfield back willingly. 

Please for the love of God tell me there isn't already a deal agreed when we loaned him which says we now have to buy him, kind of like we did with Rhodes. 

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, the thought of Butterfield permanently scares me lol

If they want him they can pay us some money rather than cluttering up our wage bill with more subpar players we don't need.

Surely Winnall is one of the few players we should be able to turn a decent profit on?

Edited by owlinexile

Carlos said that we took Butterfield as opposed to another Derby player that was offered because there would be an option to make the Butterfield deal permanent if we wished. No mention of Winnall going permanently to Derby.

I don't think there will be any way that Jos would want to make the Butterfield deal permanent. Both Butterfield & Venancio were thanked for their services & Jos along with the local media has stated on several occasions that he'd like to get Venancio on a permanent deal but tellingly there has been no mention of Butterfield (thank feck).

16 minutes ago, RichieB said:

No way would we bring Butterfield back willingly. 

Please for the love of God tell me there isn't already a deal agreed when we loaned him which says we now have to buy him, kind of like we did with Rhodes. 

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, the thought of Butterfield permanently scares me lol

That’s exactly what I thought. It’s the reason I can’t sleep at night, but instead sit in the corner of a dark room rocking back and forworth, whimpering with fear of seeing his sideways football at S6 next season.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, steveger said:

I wouldn't take Butterfield on a free to sell programmes or serve pints in the bar

I don't know, most of the bar staff on the North walk round in circles looking clueless. Butterfield would be in his element.

• Haha 6