Player signings

27 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'll let others come and discuss Villas spending. 

What stands out for me is..fair play to Huddersfield.

Fair play to Burton as well.

Surviving in a very competitive division, whilst their entire transfer budget was LESS than we paid Charlton for Rhoys Wiggins (according to transfermarkt.co.uk)!!!

2 hours ago, kristmace said:

10th in transfers, 8th in wages, 4th in the league. That's a good performance in my book. 

QPR and Norwich have spent a fortune on both and haven't finished in the top half in the 2 years since. 

What that shows me is despite what some think. we do have some very very good players.

Now over to you Jos.

3 hours ago, vulva said:

I think Villa spent more in the January transfer window that season, than Barnsley have in their entire history.  

As a consequence, I suspect that there will be a managerial vacancy at Villa Park if Fulham win the play-off final.

20 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Absolutely. Makes me wonder if DC isn't as loaded as we believed.

I think DC is a richer version of Milan Mandaric. He has money and will spend it but he won’t spend money for the sake of it?

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think DC is a richer version of Milan Mandaric. He has money and will spend it but he won’t spend money for the sake of it?

Agreed mate. I just wonder how deep his pockets are?

43 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Agreed mate. I just wonder how deep his pockets are?

We’ll only find that out if he takes us to the premier league? I think he might look to get out if we’re still a championship club next summer?

32 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

It makes no difference how deep his pockets are if he's got short arms.

To be fair to DC he's been very generous in his financial support. No sign of short arms on his part.

The problem has been lack of direction on recruitment, we've seemingly bought the wrong players in positions we didn't need and not bought players in positions we did need.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

A net spend figure would give that graph more clarity.

Not really.

If you spend £87m, it makes no difference where the money came from. It's still £87m.

Even if they'd made £100m in sales and were in profit... they'd still have had £87m worth of players to chose from.