Sheffield Wednesday and the wage bill league

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

does smith sign the players at Brentford ?...………..I thought the used some analytic  system devised by there owner .

Not since Warburton left, but they are doing something right because in the last year they have made £20m + from transfers out and the team narrowly missed out on the play offs.

They pick up the kid from Exeter and he looks a decent player that they have made better, they lose players and others step into the team like Vibe. Its kind of what we should be doing somewhat getting rid of the big earners but getting cheaper players in coaching them and improving them then reinvesting the funds into the club. I think Brentford have plans accepted for a new stadium - in a few years unless Smith is lured away they will be challenging for promotion.

2 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

From being mismanaged.:carlos::carlosswfc:

The table refers to the season we finished 4th, on the 8th highest wage bill.

That sort of 'mismanagement' I think most would be happy with!

:picnic:

• Thanks 1

On 23/05/2018 at 12:38, Big Jack said:

Also Carlos made training too intense , to say it was a holiday camp is not true. Training sessions were expected to be as intense as playing, far too much physical contact and high risk strategy particuarly given players ages. Training routine was from zero to intense, there was no middle ground.

Hmm, not sure about that. Based on what Hutch said, Carlos relied on same players because he didn't trust new signings.

Dissing Rhodes publicly against Hudders supports that.