New fixtures release date revealed

#SWFC FIXTURES ARE COMING!!
On Thursday 21 June, the EFL fixtures for the 2018/19 campaign will be released.

Traditionally, fixture release day has proven one of the biggest on the football calendar and busiest days in terms of traffic to our official website, swfc.co.uk.

Wednesdayites can get their first glimpse of the new fixtures at swfc.co.uk from 9.00am!

One of the most eagerly anticipated football dates of the year, fixture release day will see a huge amount of traffic descend across the Owls’ media channels.

The full fixture list will be available on our official website, while the key dates including; opening day, Boxing Day, season finale and derby dates will be published across our social media channels.

Thursday 21 June… mark the day in your diary! 

Owlstalk Shop

Funny one fixture release day. We know we have to play everyone home and away and it doesn't make a great deal of difference who we play and when (obviously home Boxing Day, first and last games would be nice) but you still can't help rushing to see the full list. 

1 hour ago, HighworthOwl said:

Funny one fixture release day. We know we have to play everyone home and away and it doesn't make a great deal of difference who we play and when (obviously home Boxing Day, first and last games would be nice) but you still can't help rushing to see the full list. 

Exactly. Then you plan which games you want to go to months in advance only for Sky to move the game and ruin your best laid plans...

Will we have signed anyone before the new fixture come out of will it once again be us playing catch up and over the odds for everyone.

really not sure why Venancio has not been snapped up to a long deal already. Wonder if fans will have as long to get the season tickets at reduced prices - I think not. 

51 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Will we have signed anyone before the new fixture come out of will it once again be us playing catch up and over the odds for everyone.

really not sure why Venancio has not been snapped up to a long deal already. Wonder if fans will have as long to get the season tickets at reduced prices - I think not. 

I don't think we can sign Venancio until the International Transfer window opens on 9th June. 

5 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

I don't think we can sign Venancio until the International Transfer window opens on 9th June. 

You're wasting your time mate.  He doesn't deal in facts.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

But our transfer window is open so we should be able to sign him, we also had a pre agreement to sign him after the loan.

I personally think it is because we are that close to the FFP or simple we won't be buying players this summer. I hope I am wrong. 

On 18/05/2018 at 17:45, Sham67 said:

Me too and I'm 60 next week.

lol

Newcomer !  I'm still the same and I can give you a few years. It's the anticipation that this just could be the year. Mind you all fans everywhere are thinking the same, until about November when reality strikes, then by January, despondancy and boredom set in, only for the excitement levels to rise again in March as you begin the relegation battle. Why do we do it ?

On 18/05/2018 at 19:32, room0035 said:

But our transfer window is open so we should be able to sign him, we also had a pre agreement to sign him after the loan.

I personally think it is because we are that close to the FFP or simple we won't be buying players this summer. I hope I am wrong. 

You posted this when the transfer window had been open for one single day. Do you not think there’s also a chance you could be being a tad impatient?

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

You posted this when the transfer window had been open for one single day. Do you not think there’s also a chance you could be being a tad impatient?

The clubs that get promoted are the ones that get their players in early before other team nick them. Then the team has the whole of preseason to get used to each other and match fit.

We have a championship standard central defender, proven at this level 25 years of age that we can pick up for £800k today or what we will do is delay, delay, delay and then other teams will come in for him and his club will think lets up the price before you know it, we end up paying £2m+ for the same player because we decided to wait and see.

I am not surprise we have done the same thing since DC arrived and we have over spent on countless players because of it. We need a new Left back - Reading signed one on a free from Barnsley on Thursday would Yiadom been an improvement on what we had - yes he is and a free but we decide to wait and instead miss out on players.

We as fans were told we were moving forward with recruitment - I am waiting to see before I decide if this is the case or a sound bite to sell season tickets.