Do we need more pace in the team?

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

good players is more important if the have some pace so much the better ......

yes they have to have ability.

i'm not truely sure IF we have any, i've never seen us stretch our legs as a forward line.

joao looks like he has, hooper not so, but can create a yard or two of space when needed and has a head on his shoulders, nuhiu and fletcher no, rhodes, we'll have to wait and see.

Not only has it been a lack of pacey players that’s held us back, but also our style of play is far too slow. Now under Jos it looks like the latter is changing, and if we bring in the players to suit it things will look even better.

Yes, the game is evolving and athleticism becoming more of a required attribute. Teams will be reasonably comfortable watching a team of technical players passing it around in front of them, but frightened to death about being turned and pacey players getting in behind.

We have good technical players, blending with some pace in the side will give different options and an outlet for our creative players to be more expressive.

Speed of thought is the best weapon.

If you can get players with that who can do a 5 second 50 yard dash all the better.

I'm convinced we'll be seeing some too.

Jos' press conference before the last match where he talked about bringing in 'dynamic players' was a nod to it I'm sure.

Over the years we have had some quality wingers with no pace but the had skill to beat a man, when did you last see Reach, Wallace, Boyd dribble through players Everyone has this hang up with pace.

we need a winger who can beat a man, gain a hard and put the cross into an area to score.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Speed of thought is the best weapon.

If you can get players with that who can do a 5 second 50 yard dash all the better.

I'm convinced we'll be seeing some too.

Jos' press conference before the last match where he talked about bringing in 'dynamic players' was a nod to it I'm sure.

Exactly this.

We don't have to have blistering pace we just need to to turn the ball over quicker in the transitions. 

Clever players do that, not fast ones.

Edited by pazowl55