Alan Biggs "#SWFC needs optimism balanced by realism"

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's pretty sad that people can't post opinion pieces in 2018 and get called out for it

Opinion pieces are way way way more interesting than a made up transfer rumour, some nonsense about how we're going to go bust, or how someone at the match hurled abuse at Nuhiu all through the match

"Opinion" pieces are gonna engender opinion though aren't they?..Thats what an opinion is...some of its gonna be negative....

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's pretty sad that people can't post opinion pieces in 2018 and get called out for it

Opinion pieces are way way way more interesting than a made up transfer rumour, some nonsense about how we're going to go bust, or how someone at the match hurled abuse at Nuhiu all through the match

Neil.

Owlstalk runs on opinion pieces.

Some are of amazing quality.

When you post on this particular forum..you expect your opinion to be scrutinized.

Because he gets paid, do you think he should have special treatment?

When was the last journalistic "Scoop"?......they don't happen anymore.....

Vague pieces about "Realism V Optimism" are simply an opinion...You don't really want that from a Sports journalist do you?

I don't mind reading it, and good luck to him, but I don't take it with any more credence than I would if it ws just an ordinary joe posting on Owlstalk, cos theres nowt substantial in it... is there?

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Neil.

Owlstalk runs on opinion pieces.

Some are of amazing quality.

When you post on this particular forum..you expect your opinion to be scrutinized.

Because he gets paid, do you think he should have special treatment?

I'm sure Oscar Wilde had something to say about moralisers but I can't for the life of me remember what it was, here's a piece to be going on with though,lol

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2000/jul/29/books.guardianreview9

3 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I'm sure Oscar Wilde had something to say about moralisers but I can't for the life of me remember what it was, here's a piece to be going on with though,lol

Soz, just noticed that it's at the top of the link, I knew he'd said summat, WTF:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

All thought is immoral. Its very essence is destruction. If you think of anything, you kill it. Nothing survives being thought of.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Posting pithy childish comments after an article is posted from a local journalist is soooooooo 2017

Come on Owlstalk - we're better than that

Evidently not!

lol

• Haha 1

Just now, bobness said:

When it doesn't happen we'll know who to blame. Lads, pitchforks at the ready!

Aha! You've thought of pitchforks. Therefore they are destroyed.

I live to fight another day! haha!

Oh shiite. I just thought that....

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

"Hi, I'm a reputable journalist, this is proven by my needless use of the semicolon." Alan Biggs, 2018.

Don't mention colons. I've run out of bread. I'm just scooping jam from the jar now with a big spoon.