Mason Mount

Doing the usual and immediately going to Google to see who he is, the talk is that he has been recalled to Chelsea in the belief that he may feature for their first team next season.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, Striggy said:

Doing the usual and immediately going to Google to see who he is, the talk is that he has been recalled to Chelsea in the belief that he may feature for their first team next season.

Ask Ruben Loftus-cheek how that normally goes for you.

lol

11 minutes ago, marshy said:

:laugh: 

Don't disagree but the complete lack of Lee, Abdi, Hooper and Fletcher from the squad since Jos arrival gives me the feeling at the back of my mind that he might have said to DC "Lets give them 9 months to get fit properly and go again next season". We can but hope

Ahh, now here's a lad. One of the few youth players that I have actually seen a lot off. A terrific young player destined for a top flight career.

The absolute jewel in the Chelsea academy. Only slight of build, he's every inch the modern style European player with the way he works the field, with his weaving, mazy dribbling ability , dipping a shoulder and shimmying left and right. A midfield player who loves to run at defenders. Two-footed good feet with an eye for an old school slide-rule pass  measuring a ball in behind a defence for a runner to latch on to perfectly. He's a  cheeky eye for the lob ball and is calm in the finish. He chases back has that knack of nicking possession without being a 'tackler'. Oh yes. He's great prospect.

Sweet baby Jesus.

I can't believe I am commenting on this thread.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Ahh, now here's a lad. One of the few youth players that I have actually seen a lot off. A terrific young player destined for a top flight career.

The absolute jewel in the Chelsea academy. Only slight of build, he's every inch the modern style European player with the way he works the field, with his weaving, mazy dribbling ability , dipping a shoulder and shimmying left and right. A midfield player who loves to run at defenders. Two-footed good feet with an eye for an old school slide-rule pass  measuring a ball in behind a defence for a runner to latch on to perfectly. He's a  cheeky eye for the lob ball and is calm in the finish. He chases back has that knack of nicking possession without being a 'tackler'. Oh yes. He's great prospect.

Sweet baby Jesus.

I can't believe I am commenting on this thread.

Ahh I remember the last jewel that we signed from Chelsea's academy.

Jimmy Smith

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Looks a cracking prospect but I'm sure he'll be another one loaned out for the next 4 years by Chelsea. He's scored 9 goals this season in a league that Jos will know well.

I'd also look at taking Tomas Kalas from them who's been on loan at Fulham, I believe he's been at Chelsea 8 years and been on loan at other clubs for 7 of them.

He won’t be any good for our team mate, he can cross a ball.

3 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

He won’t be any good for our team mate, he can cross a ball.

And he can drift past players.

I don't know what I was thinking!

Acknowledging the source, if this is remotely credible and the type of player we are looking at then all for it. I think it is realistic that Premier League teams will be open to loaning their better players in the knowledge that they will now get a game under Jos, we should also be competing towards the top end of the league which is good experience for young players. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good mates with George Hirst. Won't be coming here

If he listens to George Hirst he would be a fool, his last 18 months have been an example of what a young layer should not do. Its all about getting games as a teenager not arguing over money. The chief youth blocker is now gone.