I’d just like to say thank you....!!!

Glad your Dad is on the road to recovery and well done to the people that helped, finally a big shout out to the NHS that gets a lot of bad press but ultimately had professionals on hand well versed in the latest techniques and treatments to get your father fit for many years to come, all at a moments notice, we complain about a lot in the UK but we are lucky to have such a priceless service .

Edited by Owl999
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

After the Norwich match my dad collapsed on the way back to the car in front of me and the kids....

It happened really quick after we’d spent most of the walk back laughing and joking whilst updating the people we passed with the score and big Daves hatrick... 

We were literally getting into the car when he fell and by the time I’d run around the car his eyes were in the back of his head and he was barely breathing...

It was the most scary experience of my life and was indescribable... two guys (a father and son) were walking up and I screamed at them for help...

These guys were absolutely amazing and saved the day... the father helped me role my dad into his side whilst his son called an ambulance... my dad started breathing properly again and the ambulance was there in under 7 minutes...

My dad lives in Ilkley and I live in York... it turns out that my Dad needed a valve replacing in his heart... they took him to Sheffield northern and he had new experimental (non-invasive) surgery by one of the best surgeons on Monday... hopefully he will be home either tomorrow/ Friday... 

It’s unfortunate that he had a dodgy heart valve, but so lucky with everything else...

if if anyone knows the two guys who helped or if you see this yourselves then please message me... if not I would like to thank you so much from the bottoms of my heart...

neil 

Nice to see a happy ending.

also confirmed, were all Neil arent we!

Hope things are going well with your Dad.

It's heartening to know that the two Gents were such a great help to you and your family.

We often hear negative stories, with regard to the behaviour of people, but in my experience, there is far more good in the world, than bad.

All the best to you and the family.

8 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

After the Norwich match my dad collapsed on the way back to the car in front of me and the kids....

It happened really quick after we’d spent most of the walk back laughing and joking whilst updating the people we passed with the score and big Daves hatrick... 

We were literally getting into the car when he fell and by the time I’d run around the car his eyes were in the back of his head and he was barely breathing...

It was the most scary experience of my life and was indescribable... two guys (a father and son) were walking up and I screamed at them for help...

These guys were absolutely amazing and saved the day... the father helped me role my dad into his side whilst his son called an ambulance... my dad started breathing properly again and the ambulance was there in under 7 minutes...

My dad lives in Ilkley and I live in York... it turns out that my Dad needed a valve replacing in his heart... they took him to Sheffield northern and he had new experimental (non-invasive) surgery by one of the best surgeons on Monday... hopefully he will be home either tomorrow/ Friday... 

It’s unfortunate that he had a dodgy heart valve, but so lucky with everything else...

if if anyone knows the two guys who helped or if you see this yourselves then please message me... if not I would like to thank you so much from the bottoms of my heart...

neil 

Neil

great to know you dad is on the road to recovery all the best wishes to you and yours.it was interesting to read what happened as I am scheduled to have the same procedure this coming Monday I think it will be by the same surgeon as I believe at the present he is the only one doing the less invasive procedure.

as said before the NHS has a lot of critics but in cases like your dads they are brilliant

Brings you back down to earth with an almighty bump when you read stories like that. All the best for a speedy recovery.

Great to hear that someone helped, and that your Dad is improving.

Now for the Club:- what a great gesture it would be if the club were to provide a hospitality package for the two on their return.

Ilkley and York. Shows that we are not a little tin pot club. As I have said often, a great number of Wednesday supporters have little or no affiliation to the City of Sheffield.. In my own case, in seventy one years of being a staunch Wednesdayite, I have never lived LESS than 20 miles from Sheffield.

Best of luck to you and your Dad.

10 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

neil 

Really happy to hear things are looking up for your Dad.

Does the club have a Hall of Fame for fans?  Would be a great way of recognising the actions of Wednesday fans outside of the game and help encourage a sense of the Wednesday community.