13 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

Vaughny was an excellent cricketer for Yorkshire and England and is a decent pundit and commentator on that sport.

As others here have said his Allardyce comment appears disrespectful to Jos and is just a tad attention seeking.

I’ll tell him this politely in person if I bump into him at Lord’s next Thursday.

If been disrespectful was banned on OT then half the threads would disappear overnight.  The other half would disappear due to attention seeking.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, poite said:

Bring in a top class English manager who's recently turned Everton around from relegation fodder to a top half premiership side? No thanks, I wouldn't want anyone like that at Hillsborough. 

Same reason I didn't want Steve Bruce. Done nothing at villa. Oh apart from reaching the playoff final

But Everton were never relegation fodder were they. He would never come here anyway and we should give Jos a chance.

Bruce only takes you up if you have a massive budget and premier league parachute payments so won't do us any good. Anyway he looks like Mrs Doubtfire...

6 hours ago, poite said:

Bring in a top class English manager who's recently turned Everton around from relegation fodder to a top half premiership side? No thanks, I wouldn't want anyone like that at Hillsborough. 

Same reason I didn't want Steve Bruce. Done nothing at villa. Oh apart from reaching the playoff final

Carlos reached the playoff final.

You have to laugh.....

Firstly, showing zero class or respect for our current manager. Secondly, Everton are paying close to 6m for the last 12 months of his contract......take that in for a minute. We couldn't afford him for a month, people bleating about FFP and in the next breath wanting a dinosaur English manager on a ridiculous salary. We are well out of the overpaid English manager merry go round.   

Maybe Michael Vaughan should try and get behind the manager we currently have rather than give an unrealistic name of someone he'd like. It's the kind of comment from someone who has barely watched us since Wembley. Oh hang on no, it's exactly like that.

Edited by TomtheOwl95

13 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

So michael vaughan would love big sam to be our new manager,im happy with what weve got.whats your thoughts?

Michael Vaughan can suck my plums.

Jos is progressive. Sam was progressive in terms of technology/ fitness but his football is neanderthal at best.

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Michael Vaughan can suck my plums.

Jos is progressive. Sam was progressive in terms of technology/ fitness but his football is neanderthal at best.

Surely "teabagging" would be the correct terminology here? 

Photos would be nice should it take place mate :stuwinky:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, optimisticowl said:

The club could appoint him on a part time basis to oversee transfer activity, he’d most probably do it for zero wages knowing how innovative he is in this area of football management. 

WTF:

I like you ...

You're always optimi. ............lol 

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2018 at 13:50, room0035 said:

For me this shows everything that is wrong in football Everton were looking like relegation certainty when he came in, he righted the ship got rid of some of the dross and they have missed out on a European spot by one place, if Liverpool with the Champions league final they may even get into the Eufa cup.

I just think clubs the likes of Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc who think they are bigger than they are need a reality check they are not investing £200m a year into the team and have the profile of a Man Utd or a Chelsea around the world they have never been a team of entertainer like the Newcastle team of the 90's under Keagan few teams are nowerdays it mainly about getting the Premier League money and screwing the rest of the teams below them.

I do hope when these teams get into trouble in seasons to come instead of a proven manager coming in to save them they get no one and they end up relegated then maybe they show some loyalty and respect for the jobs done in 6 months. 

I put your argument (which I agreed with at the time) to a good mate who's an Everton fan and he said there is no way Everton can justify keeping Big Sam when they are paying  £50 + for a ticket.

He admitted that results had generally gone better but there were games he attended where they did not have a shot at goal at home. He takes his son a long way to watch them and it can cost him £100 for the privilege. 

I would love Big Sam at Wednesday. He basically guarantees Top 10 in the Prem if he gets what he wants. We'd all want that. But there is a reason he gets sacked despite his relative success.

We couldn't afford him probably and Jos deserves his shot next year so academic anyway.

I have to say I just don't see the "Big Sam" fascination, is his record really that good or is it really a myth? Certainly, in terms of getting promotion which is what we are seeking. I'll reiterate what I said earlier in the post, six million pounds pay off for the last year of his contract.......no way he's worth that and no way ever could we afford it and in this case thank goodness. 

13 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

I put your argument (which I agreed with at the time) to a good mate who's an Everton fan and he said there is no way Everton can justify keeping Big Sam when they are paying  £50 + for a ticket.

He admitted that results had generally gone better but there were games he attended where they did not have a shot at goal at home. He takes his son a long way to watch them and it can cost him £100 for the privilege. 

I would love Big Sam at Wednesday. He basically guarantees Top 10 in the Prem if he gets what he wants. We'd all want that. But there is a reason he gets sacked despite his relative success.

We couldn't afford him probably and Jos deserves his shot next year so academic anyway.

So because they are paying top dollar they expect a team in the top 4......... but then Owls fans pay top dollar and expect a team challenging for promotion and we get treated as not being true fans.

Everton in the 80's and early 90's were a good team but 20 years of doing it on the cheap has led to them becoming the team they are, they are my second team - I loved the linaker, pat van de how, neville southall team but had Koeman stayed the whole season they would have been a probably relegation candidate. Instead big Sam comes in and they just finish outside of the Euro spots they need to take a reality check, they have not spent £60m on a player with 6 months left in his contract like other teams and what Big Sam did in 6 months must have got him close to the manager of the year and Everton reward that success with the sack.

This was my point - he does set the prices and from day one he has had to work with other numpties at the club, like the marketing department that if they were in my company sending out questionnaire of do you like the manager would now be looking for a new job not the manager.

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

So because they are paying top dollar they expect a team in the top 4......... but then Owls fans pay top dollar and expect a team challenging for promotion and we get treated as not being true fans.

Everton in the 80's and early 90's were a good team but 20 years of doing it on the cheap has led to them becoming the team they are, they are my second team - I loved the linaker, pat van de how, neville southall team but had Koeman stayed the whole season they would have been a probably relegation candidate. Instead big Sam comes in and they just finish outside of the Euro spots they need to take a reality check, they have not spent £60m on a player with 6 months left in his contract like other teams and what Big Sam did in 6 months must have got him close to the manager of the year and Everton reward that success with the sack.

This was my point - he does set the prices and from day one he has had to work with other numpties at the club, like the marketing department that if they were in my company sending out questionnaire of do you like the manager would now be looking for a new job not the manager.

My mate's point was that for £100 all in you expect some entertainment and it was not about being in the top 4. I know some fans care more about entertainment than others but it's undoubtedly an issue for fans of all clubs.

Perhaps Allardyce and Mourinho are so detached from fans that they do not appreciate the importance of entertainment. For them they are at work and are getting results so what's the issue? 

I'll say it again. I'd have Big Sam. I was happy with Megson. I can watch other teams to enjoy pretty football. I am a win at all costs person but you have to accept others want something different.

3 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

My mate's point was that for £100 all in you expect some entertainment and it was not about being in the top 4. I know some fans care more about entertainment than others but it's undoubtedly an issue for fans of all clubs.

Perhaps Allardyce and Mourinho are so detached from fans that they do not appreciate the importance of entertainment. For them they are at work and are getting results so what's the issue? 

I'll say it again. I'd have Big Sam. I was happy with Megson. I can watch other teams to enjoy pretty football. I am a win at all costs person but you have to accept others want something different.

Unfortunately the premier league forgot about fans about 3 tv deals ago all they are bothered about is money. Sooner or later we the fans will wise up and stop giving the money to sky. But then BT or someone else will fill the void.

The premier league has destroyed football in this country and the fa turn a blind eye because they get more than enough money from it.

On 16/05/2018 at 21:07, Watson said:

If been disrespectful was banned on OT then half the threads would disappear overnight.  The other half would disappear due to attention seeking.

I am happy to confirm you are a very respectful poster.

But it has to be earned. Jos has done that. Like Allardyce, think he's worked our route 1 is way to go.

However, no way is Big Sam a clown, except maybe on PR front.

Many commentators say he's one of the most innovative coaches around.