Bring in a top class English manager who's recently turned Everton around from relegation fodder to a top half premiership side? No thanks, I wouldn't want anyone like that at Hillsborough. 

Same reason I didn't want Steve Bruce. Done nothing at villa. Oh apart from reaching the playoff final

58 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

So michael vaughan would love big sam to be our new manager,im happy with what weve got.whats your thoughts?

I think Michael Vaughan should publicly apologise to Jos and SWFC for trying to railroad the good work which as been achieved over the last 5 months. In fact Michael, go and do one. Cricket, jezzzus wept.

54 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me this shows everything that is wrong in football Everton were looking like relegation certainty when he came in, he righted the ship got rid of some of the dross and they have missed out on a European spot by one place, if Liverpool with the Champions league final they may even get into the Eufa cup.

I just think clubs the likes of Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc who think they are bigger than they are need a reality check they are not investing £200m a year into the team and have the profile of a Man Utd or a Chelsea around the world they have never been a team of entertainer like the Newcastle team of the 90's under Keagan few teams are nowerdays it mainly about getting the Premier League money and screwing the rest of the teams below them.

I do hope when these teams get into trouble in seasons to come instead of a proven manager coming in to save them they get no one and they end up relegated then maybe they show some loyalty and respect for the jobs done in 6 months. 

So in a round about way, your thoughts are that you are backing Michael Vaughan

Our current manager has done well and no need to change. Very poor show from Vaughan should not suggest something like that when no reason to complain about present incumbent and everyone deserves  a fair crack of whip. So called celebrity needs to show some respect for fellow professionals.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

For me this shows everything that is wrong in football Everton were looking like relegation certainty when he came in, he righted the ship got rid of some of the dross and they have missed out on a European spot by one place, if Liverpool with the Champions league final they may even get into the Eufa cup.

I just think clubs the likes of Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc who think they are bigger than they are need a reality check they are not investing £200m a year into the team and have the profile of a Man Utd or a Chelsea around the world they have never been a team of entertainer like the Newcastle team of the 90's under Keagan few teams are nowerdays it mainly about getting the Premier League money and screwing the rest of the teams below them.

I do hope when these teams get into trouble in seasons to come instead of a proven manager coming in to save them they get no one and they end up relegated then maybe they show some loyalty and respect for the jobs done in 6 months. 

Fully agree, he has been campaigned against by part of the media (Alan Nixon) and agents active behind the scenes look who get the jobs at Everton and West ham and who their agents are.

16 minutes ago, poite said:

Bring in a top class English manager who's recently turned Everton around from relegation fodder to a top half premiership side? No thanks, I wouldn't want anyone like that at Hillsborough. 

Same reason I didn't want Steve Bruce. Done nothing at villa. Oh apart from reaching the playoff final

Both good managers but now is not the rihght time to be changing manager.

49 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Thats it in a nutshell. Love him or loath him he carved out quite a profitbable niche for himself as the premierships go to man when a teams in the $hit. I doubt very much he would go to any championship club, he'll put his feet up at his villa in spain until december when someone comes knocking. Another £5 million for the coffers, thank you very much....NEXT!

Hence why any player entering the end of their careers should do their coaching badges.I bet there's many a division 1 player from the 80's running a pub looking at big sam and thinking maybe i chose the wrong career path after football

I suspect MV's comment has been taken out of context.

There were many on here saying after Carlos's departure that we don't need an unknown foreign coach but do need someone that knows the championship, that will guarantee promotion, an Allardyce type. I guess that Vaughan is just the same and is emphasising that Allardyce is a good manager and that Everton are daft to get rid.

fwiw, imo, Allardyce would be completely the wrong man for us.

• Like 1

Jos has done a good job considering and I can't argue with him being given an extended run.  I hope he succeeds of course.

However, at times his selections, formations and tactics have been bizarre - Millwall and QPR away spring to mind. And he has no track record in England so we are taking a big punt.

I don't particularly like Allardyce whom I consider to be overly self-assured and whose style of football is unattractive, and I am happy to stick with Jos, BUT you cannot overlook Allardyce's record.  If he came he would in my view be more likely than Jos to get us up.

Every time this gets brought up my answer is even if we did want him he’s not going to come here. Why drop to this level? He won’t have much money to spend, his wages would be lower than many other places he could go. He’ll always get offers from lower Prem clubs and the other option is a big money move abroad or  an international team. He was heavily linked with the USA job previously. He’s out of our league. Having said all that I wouldn’t want him here anyway personally, don’t like the bloke and Jos is showing great promise with no ego. 

47 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

So in a round about way, your thoughts are that you are backing Michael Vaughan

No I don't want to destablise our club but i also think he has been very badly treated by Everton.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
12 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

F*ck off with your big Sam’s and David Moyes... we’ve got a good manager.

Agreed

Jos is a bit like stuart gray. No ego, just works with the players to make them better. Gets a bit more than sum of their parts out of the team.

Jos feels about right for where we are at the moment. Like gray did, we need jos to work with what we have and get more out of them. Fat Sam would want to bring in his own players. 

26 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

F*ck off with your big Sam’s and David Moyes... we’ve got a good manager.

To be honest weve no idea whether we have or not but next season could be interesting......

Happy with Jos. 

Big Sam is successful at what he does. Gets mediocre relegation threatened teams into top ten - even though he seems a thoroughly dislikeable sort.

Everton fans should be carefully what they wish for - 8th in Premier League is about right for them.

Always makes me laugh when I see these fans from Premier League moaning when they are mid table.

I bet Stoke and West Brom fans are loving where they are now.

I remember one season when Bolton finished around 13th and their fans were bleating.

Its classic football fan behaviour from mediocre clubs that to a large extent are already over achieving given their resources, size, crowds, history etc. 

Would be good to see a club like Everton get relegated, they would really have something to moan about then. Clueless. 

he'd only come if the money was huge.

a money grabbing ar#ehole who just got the England job and threw it away through greed.

retire and be irrelevant like that ar#e rednapp

Edited by welsOwl74