I just watched! #swfc

On 16/05/2018 at 01:00, Owling Wolfe said:

And to think, some would be happy to see him leave. The best keeper in the Championship by a country mile.

You are only as good aslast few games and unfortunately waswell below this standard.

I’m not sure if the rationale to sell him or keep him defends on whether he’s perceived as being our best keeper. The crux is he’s out of contract next summer and could go for nothing. If we extend his contract he may well demand a wage increase, either scenario probably doesn’t work for our finances.

Wildsmith and Dawson both look like they could be the real deal and any funds received for Westwood would be much needed. 

This situation reminds of the movie Moneyball from the point of view of the club need to work out how to get the best overall outcome for the club working within the finances available. Personally I think it makes sense to take any sensible transfer fee for Westwood and allow Wildsmith and Dawson to compete for the number 1 slot.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:55, OzOwl said:

Good call, we need a fit Westwood next season.

I don't think either Wildsmith or Dawson let us down last season. Yes Westwood is a top goalkeeper but if it meant lifting the pressure regarding FFP, then you have to consider the options. That in my opinion is the strongest department at SWFC.