Adam Reach - at last a player takes responsibility

Finally one of our players accepts responsibility for our poor season - Adam Reach says he believes complacency crept in last season. By this I believe he means many/some of our players thought it acceptable not to be as fit as they could, perhaps mistakenly believing they were good enough to compete against fitter teams.

Very noticeable that one of the few players beyond criticism should say this.

This is a big reason why our squad needs a overhaul, some players have been milking the club. I don't understand why our fans accept this.

Interesting to note that if Adam's comments had been about fitness, or lack of, then a thread would have been immediately opened and would now be several pages long, criticising the previous regime but absolving the players of any responsibility.

Without a big change in attitude we won't be going anywhere again next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Finally one of our players accepts responsibility for our poor season - Adam Reach says he believes complacency crept in last season. By this I believe he means many/some of our players thought it acceptable not to be as fit as they could, perhaps mistakenly believing they were good enough to compete against fitter teams.

This is a big reason why our squad needs a overhaul, some players have been milking the club. I don't understand why our fans accept this.

Interesting to note that if Adam's comments had been about fitness, or lack of, then a thread would have been immediately opened and would now be several pages long, criticising the previous regime but absolving the players of any responsibility.

we should be ok then as there will be a big change in attitude........... from the new boss.

looks like your pointing out that players had a choice on their fitness - that wont be the case anymore.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Give up on it, stop clutching.

Carlos has gone thank god.

That's what a lot of you miss. It's not about Carlos, I don't care now he's gone.

But I am bothered about our players who think it's acceptable to be less fit than they should be - unfortunately they are still with us.

18 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

The players fitness is not their responsibility. Regimes should be in place to obtain the correct levels. As Mr. Gump would say - that’s all I have to say about that. 

21 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Leadership level from Reachy.

However, facts indicate that he was jostled all over the pitch by our former gaffer, and very often played out of position.

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

The players fitness is not their responsibility. Regimes should be in place to obtain the correct levels. As Mr. Gump would say - that’s all I have to say about that. 

Cannot accept that. They are supposed to be professionals and we pay them a lot of money. The very least we should expect is that they reach the required levels of fitness.

9 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

That's what a lot of you miss. It's not about Carlos, I don't care now he's gone.

But I am bothered about our players who think it's acceptable to be less fit than they should be - unfortunately they are still with us.

Personally I don’t think you have any  idea how a professional football club  should be run these days. 

Fortunately it won’t be down to the players to decide how fit they want to be this season.

Edited by oldishowl

6 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Cannot accept that. They are supposed to be professionals and we pay them a lot of money. The very least we should expect is that they reach the required levels of fitness.

The players will be told what fitness work to do by the highly qualified,highly paid coaches that we employ. The players are not responsible unless they have failed to carry out the fitness regimes they have been assigned. 

10 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

So Carlos says hey lads take time off play golf, please yourselves. Young lads say no way boss we’ll stay and do extra training. Wake up and smell the coffee. 

19 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Personally I don’t think you have any  idea how a professional football club  should be run these days. 

Fortunately it won’t be down to the players to decide how fit they want to be this season.

I'd wager I know a lot more than you - the mistake you made was saying 'professional'. There's not been much professional things happened at our club over the last 18 months.

14 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

So Carlos says hey lads take time off play golf, please yourselves. Young lads say no way boss we’ll stay and do extra training. Wake up and smell the coffee. 

So you just accept that. From our players, the players whose wages we contribute towards. Not acceptable at all on any level to me. Just illustrates how little they care about the club - no shock there though.

29 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

18 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

The players will be told what fitness work to do by the highly qualified,highly paid coaches that we employ. The players are not responsible unless they have failed to carry out the fitness regimes they have been assigned. 

Laughable. They are professional athletes, they get paid to be fit. It's their responsibility first and foremost.

We are not talking about kids here as our first team under CC was experienced pro's. They will know exactly how fit they need to be to play Championship football, just like any other athlete knows how fit they need to be to compete in their sport and exactly what they need to do to get to that standard. They will know exactly what works for them as they've been in an industry that gives them every bit of fitness, dietary and recovery information and equipment they need. Anyone who is into fitness will tell you the same, it's down to yourself to be the best that you can. You know when you are slacking.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Walt said:

Laughable. They are professional athletes, they get paid to be fit. It's their responsibility first and foremost.

We are not talking about kids here as our first team under CC was experienced pro's. They will know exactly how fit they need to be to play Championship football, just like any other athlete knows how fit they need to be to compete in their sport and exactly what they need to do to get to that standard. They will know exactly what works for them as they've been in an industry that gives them every bit of fitness, dietary and recovery information and equipment they need. Anyone who is into fitness will tell you the same, it's down to yourself to be the best that you can. You know when you are slacking.

Get your point and its generally right, athletics, tennis boxing etc, your in it for yourself.

but footballers, different breed, all a footballer needs to do is keep the boss happy. do what he says. 

they was doing that fine, so wasnt letting anyone down as they was doing everything asked.

the buck stops with the coaching regime, the manager. If CC was big on stamina fitness, our players would have been super fit, but he wasnt (far from it) and looking at hooper, Nuhiu, Pudil neither were our players.

But lets say these 3 dont really wanna put the pre season hard yards in this time, tough. Jos will be getting them super fit in front of his own eyes and there is not a chance players will be able to do anything about it.

come first game they will be well ready, but not because of them having a change in attitude, but purely because they have, just like last pre-season, done what the boss wants.