Sean Clare

2 hours ago, bobness said:

Contract speculation aside, I really wanted to like Sean Clare, but was a bit turned off when I observed what appeared to be an overtly cocky attitude. If you have the skills to compensate for an attitude that's one thing, but here it just seemed all a bit like it was delusions of grandeur.

My impression was that Jos is not a fan of such attitudes, and he even intimated as such during the press conference where he made a statement along the lines of Sean still having a lot to learn. I suspect the contract offer was more symbolic, to show we made an effort, than it was with the hope he sign it. In contrast, the youngsters we actually did sign have demonstrated humility and gratitude towards the club.

#SeanFlair

Spot on, the confidence is fine but the hashtags and dele alli impressions seem a bit out of place currently. The journalist who gave the lowdown on Luhukay suggested he gives youth a chance but he is also quite hard on them, those who have stuck with him ended up having solid careers.

Nonetheless, Id like to see him stay, there’s a clear chance for him to be playing in the championship every week and if he’s as good as he says then he shouldn’t have any issue making that slot his own. 

23 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

20k a week for Clare on a 2 year deal would be a cost of under 2 million.

The player is clearly showing a lot of promise for top clubs to be after him. 20k a week to keep him here for under 2 million over 2 years for the possibilities of much more back seem low risk to me.

Rhodes Abdi Jones, Fletcher - Four year deals handed out to some there, lots of money a week to players with no sell on.

Clare is no risk.

But if you do that then half the team who have played more games also want a pay rise. Players like liam Palmer or Morgan fox who won’t be on that much may have grounds to request it. Even if it’s not granted it can create disharmony.

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Trolling, spamming, being a waste of oxygen. 

The usual. 

In your opinion.

I am not trolling by saying I would like a player with the quality of Snodgrass in our team. Not necessarily him but a player with his qualities. Last time I checked this was a message board for opinions but apparently if you don't agree with them it's trolling, Odd.

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

But if you do that then half the team who have played more games also want a pay rise. Players like liam Palmer or Morgan fox who won’t be on that much may have grounds to request it. Even if it’s not granted it can create disharmony.

I am not actually saying pay him that money, it's just frustrating that he has potential and we will probably lose him. Yet we have players on thousands more contributing nothing and with no potential to the team or accounts.

Just now, Arcadianrocket said:

I am not actually saying pay him that money, it's just frustrating that he has potential and we will probably lose him. Yet we have players on thousands more contributing nothing and with no potential to the team or accounts.

It is a blow to lose our promising players but no doubt he will be offered a competitive wage and he knows he’s in the first team. So we can’t do much else. 

Signing experienced players from the premier league was a short term measure that hasn’t paid off, although most were happy with Abdi and Fletcher and the latter has been decent and still has something to offer.

Our policy now needs to be somewhere in between where it was and a reliance on younger players/gambles from the leagues below.

24 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Seen enough of Clare to see he has something.

How? He's only played a couple of first team games hadn't he. Not sure you can accurately judge someone's complete ability in the u23s.

Guest Arcadianrocket
Just now, Bluesteel said:

It is a blow to lose our promising players but no doubt he will be offered a competitive wage and he knows he’s in the first team. So we can’t do much else. 

Signing experienced players from the premier league was a short term measure that hasn’t paid off, although most were happy with Abdi and Fletcher and the latter has been decent and still has something to offer.

Our policy now needs to be somewhere in between where it was and a reliance on younger players/gambles from the leagues below.

Agreed.

Yeah I was happy with Abdi and Fletcher and even Rhodes at the time. I did question the 4 year deal Fletcher got at the time mind,

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, Brommers said:

How? He's only played a couple of first team games hadn't he. Not sure you can accurately judge someone's complete ability in the u23s.

Sometimes when you have played football for a very long time and watched for a very long time you jut know don't you.

He came into a struggling side at a young age and played beyond his years. He has good technique and is mobile. He has a lot to offer this lad,

45 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

20k a week for Clare on a 2 year deal would be a cost of under 2 million.

The player is clearly showing a lot of promise for top clubs to be after him. 20k a week to keep him here for under 2 million over 2 years for the possibilities of much more back seem low risk to me.

Rhodes Abdi Jones, Fletcher - Four year deals handed out to some there, lots of money a week to players with no sell on.

Clare is no risk.

Hope you don't work as an accountant 

For me, I'd say the same about any player, including our big hitters, if anybody would rather be playing their football at any club other than Sheffield Wednesday, then let them go. They clearly won't put 100% into every game or training session and that can create a toxic atmosphere. It's entirely possible that the whole Hirst saga has influenced Sean Clare, if so, he isn't cut out to play for us.