Sean Clare

30 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

What a shame, hopefully we get a decent bit of compensation. 

Signed two years ago from Glenn Hoddles Nike Academy the compensation will be minimal maybe a few hundred thousand if anyone wants him.

I think he'll leave now, and if he does sign with Palace (or any other Prem club) then I imagine he'd spend next season out on loan at a Championship club (probably lower end) anyway.

One way or another the lad just needs games at this level, and signing for a Prem club and getting loaned out to a lower end Championship club may well be a more certain way to get those games than by being at a club like Wednesday whereby competition for places might well be greater.

Even so, I'll be very happy if he still signs with us. He's got genuine talent.

27 minutes ago, cowl said:

I think he'll leave now, and if he does sign with Palace (or any other Prem club) then I imagine he'd spend next season out on loan at a Championship club (probably lower end) anyway.

One way or another the lad just needs games at this level, and signing for a Prem club and getting loaned out to a lower end Championship club may well be a more certain way to get those games than by being at a club like Wednesday whereby competition for places might well be greater.

Even so, I'll be very happy if he still signs with us. He's got genuine talent.

I agree, I like the lad and want him to stay but it’s looking unlikely to me now. But as you say I don’t see him getting a game with any club better than ours or at a higher level than ours. So stop messing about and getting it signed lad and stop this I want to go back down south business. He was happy to sign for us 2 years ago.

classic head turned by agent scenario for me.

Ironic isn’t it 

Clare “I want to play for a big club, with a huge fan base, and a large stadium, with ambition, and I want an opportunity to play in their first team too”. 

Agent “I’m not a miracle worker Sean”. 

Signs or doesn't sign.  I've long since gone past the stage of worrying with these youth contract scenarios.

The ones that sign. That nail their colours to the Wednesday mast, smashing. Good for them. Good for the club.

The ones that don't....meh... they stop being an subject of concern to me. They either want to sign for Sheffield Wednesday or they don't.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1