Whoever said Friday the 13th was an unlucky day? What a match!

Carlos gave us some great moments in that season. It was our playing like that which convinced me we were going up. We'd also matched Hull in two league matches and would have won at Hull imo, had FF not been ludicrously sent off. And then in the final, Carlos experimented with a yet unseen blueprint that he would used for the next 18 months. Only at Wednesday........

51 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Carlos gave us some great moments in that season. It was our playing like that which convinced me we were going up. We'd also matched Hull in two league matches and would have won at Hull imo, had FF not been ludicrously sent off. And then in the final, Carlos experimented with a yet unseen blueprint that he would used for the next 18 months. Only at Wednesday........

That final was great for just seeing all of the wedneaday fans at wembley everywhere...every car on the motorway was wednesday except the odd Hull car every hour or so.

But carlos ruined it by his tactics, we would have won it if we had gone for it, Hull wasnt all that imo.

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

That final was great for just seeing all of the wedneaday fans at wembley everywhere...every car on the motorway was wednesday except the odd Hull car every hour or so.

But carlos ruined it by his tactics, we would have won it if we had gone for it, Hull wasnt all that imo.

then he did the same against Huddersfield in the play-offs season after, they were out of form & there for the taking, absolute criminal he kept his job after that play-off campaign 

Guest Maxine

What a night it was and it was my sons birthday too.

He had his photo on the scoreboard.

He definitely enjoyed that birthday. 

On 14/05/2018 at 16:57, horny owl said:

Brilliant night

The second leg was awful to watch though

Like the bleedin Alamo 

It was amazing how we turned to sh!te after that under Carlos.

That first 25 minutes in the 2nd leg was the most one-sided game I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

Brighton were absolutely unplayable for that period. Knockaert was unbelievable. Pudil didn't know his ar se from his elbow. 

After that performance, I was pleased to see Brighton get promoted the following season and ultimately stay up this season. 

On 14/05/2018 at 13:34, King_Monkey said:

Why we never tried to sign Alex Lopez permanently amazes me.

Didn't we get quoted a ridiculous amount?

Sure that was the rumour at the time. 

He then went to Valladolid on loan I think.