The last player to score a hat-trick in the league at Hillsborough before Atdhe last week.

Guest Manwithastick
21 minutes ago, Watson said:

Nuhiu's hattrick wouldn't have counted as hattrick years ago to qualify they had to be consecutive goals and no penalties.  

Evidence please.

Used to be 3 goals on the spin with none scored inbetween. 

Then became any 3 goals by the same player in in a game.

That was probably the very start of the softening...

Before we knew it every kid gets a medal.

Everyone's a winner. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Everyone's a winner. 

What about penalties? Can you include them?  I was told not.

So to recap.  Mellor got away hat tricks at Hartlepool and mk dons.  Steve MacLean did it at Belle Vue.  Marlon Hardwood in the 4-1 friendly win at Kilmarnock.  And our player Rhodes got 4 at Hillsborough in a 4-4 draw.  

And if our penalty against Norwich had come earlier in the game, Jaoa or FF would probably have taken it.

So, atdhe probably wouldn't have got his hattrick.  

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Harewood not hardwood.  Predictive toast is annoying.  

I don't know old boy, I think you maybe onto a winner. 

A toaster that knows when you need some. 

Telepathic Toasters!

I'd have one.

10 hours ago, GoldenLee said:

Sheff Wed 5-2 QPR
Gerald Sibon, the man who earlier in the season had come under fire for lacking the appetite for First Division football, put in a vintage display and grabbed a hat-trick as Sheffield Wednesday ran rampant against a sorry QPR.

The Owls are now unbeaten in four home games and on this form look good value to move up the table, but Rangers have not won for 12 games and are stranded in the bottom three.

Wednesday had lost their last two League games before today's turnaround and it was Rangers who started the brighter.

Steve Morrow missed a great chance for QPR, firing wide from six yards before Sibon scored the first on five minutes.

Alan Quinn chased a hopeful punt down the left which Ludek Miklosko could only half clear to Sibon who beat his marker with a neat stepover before firing a low shot into the far corner.

Looped over

Rangers were back on level terms with a well-taken goal from Peter Crouch on 10 minutes. Steve Harkness tried to shield the ball and let it run out of play but Crouch robbed him before coolly slotting the ball between Kevin Pressman's legs.

The post them came to Wednesday's rescue when Crouch's deflected effort looped over the advancing Pressman.

However, Sibon put Wednesday back in front seven minutes before the break.

Clarke Carlisle was penalised for a late challenge on Morrison and Sibon kept his free-kick low as the wall jumped in unison, and the ball crept over the line.

Morrison then put Wednesday in command with a well-taken effort on the turn in the final minute of a thoroughly entertaining first half, bagging his seventh of the season with a sweet right-foot shot.

Hapless visitors

The home side started the second half strongly and Sibon completed his hat-trick on 50 minutes.

A succession of slick passes moved the ball down the right flank before it was pulled back inside to Sibon who played a fine one-two with Booth before drilling past Miklosko.

On-loan striker Efan Ekoku heaped more misery on the hapless visitors when he nodded in Quinn's deep cross at the back post just before the hour.

To their credit, QPR continued to battle, but although Crouch scored with a far-post header with 20 minutes left and the tireless Gavin Peacock hit the bar, it was too little too late for Rangers.

Sheff Wed: Pressman, Haslam, Harkness, Walker, Quinn, Sibon, Booth, Hendon, Westwood, Ekoku, Morrison.
Subs: Stringer, Lescott, Hamshaw, Di Piedi, Crane.

QPR: Miklosko, Breacker, Morrow, Ready, Peacock, Connolly, Rose, Carlisle, Warren, Crouch, Peschisolido.
Subs: Harper, Baraclough, Perry, Koejoe, Lisbie.

Referee: M Messias (York).

One of the (very) few highlights of our troubled times in the early noughties 

WAWAW

Didnt Adam Proudlock score a Hat-trick against Salisbury City in the FA cup 1st rd 2003/04?

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Everyone's a winner. 

Dont think that's true.

A hat trick as always been 3 goals regardless of when or how they were scored. Goals in penalty shootouts exuded though like always in stats.

A consecutive hat trick is a flawless hat trick, whilst a perfect hat trick like what the big bugger got is a goal with left foot, right foot and head.

On 12/05/2018 at 11:30, Bluesteel said:

I remember this game, Peter Crouch was a source of amusement in the warm up, he looked like Gareth Keenan (who didn’t exist then) with his wedge haircut and his apt name.

I was thinking how poo he would be, but he took the mick out of us at the back. 

I always took the other opinion first time I saw Crouch I thought if he's a professional footballer he must be bloody amazing 

• Haha 1

That was a really fun game, still remember being at it. The battle of the beanpoles, Sibon 3 to Crouch's 2.

A few random observations - Sibon's hat-trick, all from outside the area - is this the only time a Wednesday player has achieved this feat?

What a horribly lopsided team. You've basically got defenders (Haslam, Harkness, Walker, Hendon, Westwood*) and attackers (Booth, Ekoku, Sibon, even Morrison was basically a winger or inside forward). Was Quinn playing midfield all on his own?

Sibon used to love those daisy-cutter freekicks. Usually they were garbage. Still not sure how that one went in. It goes around the wall on the outside, but in-off the near post. He's about 35 yards out, its not the most powerful, and yet still the keeper doesn't dive. Just totally bizarre.

Morrison seemed a real talent back then. Its a lovely goal from him and he would have been just 18 in that match. He scored 8 goals for us in the first half of that season, the last one the week after this. He barely scored more than 8 in the rest of his 12-year career, bouncing round the lower leagues and Ireland. I see he was arrested in 2015 for drugs offences and handling stolen cars. What a pity, really think he could have been a regular Premier League footballer with the talent he had.

*if Ashley Westwood had a position, he was basically out-of-position every time he stepped onto a football pitch.