#SWFC don't need to go mad.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Again, no answers to questions put to you.

Youve banged on about FFP & Rhodes, as if Rhodes is the only factor.

There's none so blind. I've never used that phrase, 'til I came across  you, my old love.

What questions are you on about. i told you I am not supporting Rhodes just explaining why it is almost impossible to sell him FFS theres no sense with you is there.

24 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

What questions are you on about. i told you I am not supporting Rhodes just explaining why it is almost impossible to sell him FFS theres no sense with you is there.

Before you waste anymore of our time, read all threads. 

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 05:51, Beauchief Owl said:

If Jos gets Hooper, Fletcher, Lee, Westwood and Abdi fit, it will be like having an extra five signings to add to the squad he has had to manage. TBH, I don't think we need to add much more than maybe two or three players. Winnall, clearly wants to go, so let him do so for a decent fee.

Likewise if he can get Rhodes firing in pre season then we have the best striker in the league. I still believe he will come good.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Before you waste anymore of our time, read all threads. 

I have read them all, I just don't understand why your getting so arsey. My first post was ion answer to the OP saying we should get rid of Rhodes, you come along being all clever and asking questions that have no relevance to the OP. Oh and who is the "our" because the last time I looked you hadn't got much support for your antagonistic remarks to what was a perfectly explained reason of why, under FFP, we will not be able to sell Jordan Rhodes, something you might learn if you look into the ruels instead of making up your own rules. I shall not reply to anymore of your attacks as I find you insanely boring and a tad annoying.

The OP has some nice stuff rolled up in his rizlas that maybe the rest of us don’t.

If fit this is a mid table squad. It is lacking a reliable goal scorer, a replacement for loovens, any creativity from the wings as a minimum.

And it wont stay fit as squads never do. We are only ever an injury away from starting dave Jones in midfield and likes of van aken in defence. And that’s a bottom 3 side as we saw over Oct to feb this season. 

Jos has to get through next season and hopefully land us safely in mid table. Only when we can finally stop paying knackers yard cloggers like fletcher, Boyd, Abdi can we then rebuild and crack the top 6 again.

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I have read them all, I just don't understand why your getting so arsey. My first post was ion answer to the OP saying we should get rid of Rhodes, you come along being all clever and asking questions that have no relevance to the OP. Oh and who is the "our" because the last time I looked you hadn't got much support for your antagonistic remarks to what was a perfectly explained reason of why, under FFP, we will not be able to sell Jordan Rhodes, something you might learn if you look into the ruels instead of making up your own rules. I shall not reply to anymore of your attacks as I find you insanely boring and a tad annoying.

And you called me Arsey. At least you didn't call me a hypocrite.

The questions had relevance to your comments. The our was mine and yours. 

Rhodes won’t be in the 18 man matchday squad come 4th August. If there are issues selling him, then loan him out and use the wages to fund 2 young loan players from premier clubs and get this squad freshened up.

For the benefit of us and Jordan, he needs to find a club for next season. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

And you called me Arsey. At least you didn't call me a hypocrite.

The questions had relevance to your comments. The our was mine and yours. 

I'm not sure if you get the idea of this site, it is a discussion forum, just because you disagree with my original comment doesn't mean I have to answer completely irrelevant questions which, to be honest, you already knew the answers to. Like I have already said, I am not Lording up Rhodes or saying we should keep him at all costs, I was merely pointing out the issues of selling him and the fact we will have to pay out £6M as soon as he goes, while not receiving that amount in full, of course thats assuming we get that much for him which, to be honest, I'm not sure we would. It is quite obvious to any sane person that this will massively affect our FFP problems, which are, if we are to believe comments on another thread, very close to the limit already. By all means disagree with me, but to come on here hounding me for answers to questions everybody on here already knows adds absolutely nothing to a discussion topic. I suggest we let this drop and let bygones be bygones because sod's law says we will be agreeing on something in the next few weeks.

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Likewise if he can get Rhodes firing in pre season then we have the best striker in the league. I still believe he will come good.

jos needs to sit rhodes down and ask (the heaviest scoring and most expensive player on our books) what exactly he needs as a supply to bring his game and scoring back to previous levels.

On 11/05/2018 at 22:28, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Chansiri, who sanctioned the signing of Abdi, the contract extension of Hutchinson, increased wages for a player who 2 months earlier refused to play.

Gave a new contract to a manager who threw away the play offs.

A chairman who told fans they could stay away. 

Question for you: Did Chansiri build his empire or did he inherit it ?

Another one, name a player that Chansiri has bought and sold at a higher price. Name a player that Chansiri has sold.

He bought Winnall for 500k, excellent business, but his eyes were bigger than his belly, and in the same transfer window bought Rhodes. 

Two strikers who thrive on service, one in form, one who couldn't get in a Boro side who were bereft of goals.

And here we are.

You might be thanking god I'm not running Wednesday, but at least I know what a profit and loss column looks like.

you cannot attempt to run a successful modern day football club trying to make a profit out of every deal. barnsley buy in cheap and build up and sell on for profit, and every half a dozen years they are relegated for it.

the money dc has spent, has been his own, not yours or mine.

2 hours ago, dnhc said:

you cannot attempt to run a successful modern day football club trying to make a profit out of every deal. barnsley buy in cheap and build up and sell on for profit, and every half a dozen years they are relegated for it.

the money dc has spent, has been his own, not yours or mine.

The chairman has done many good things in his time @ S6.

Inome from sales of players is non existent. The farce with the shirts was an opportunity lost.

He has the right intententions, but he has been naive.

4 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I'm not sure if you get the idea of this site, it is a discussion forum, just because you disagree with my original comment doesn't mean I have to answer completely irrelevant questions which, to be honest, you already knew the answers to. Like I have already said, I am not Lording up Rhodes or saying we should keep him at all costs, I was merely pointing out the issues of selling him and the fact we will have to pay out £6M as soon as he goes, while not receiving that amount in full, of course thats assuming we get that much for him which, to be honest, I'm not sure we would. It is quite obvious to any sane person that this will massively affect our FFP problems, which are, if we are to believe comments on another thread, very close to the limit already. By all means disagree with me, but to come on here hounding me for answers to questions everybody on here already knows adds absolutely nothing to a discussion topic. I suggest we let this drop and let bygones be bygones because sod's law says we will be agreeing on something in the next few weeks.

Thankyou for telling me how the site works. Only you yourself will know if that was an olive branch or an attempt at another put down.

Respecting your knowledge of FFP, I don't want jump in Rhodes anymore. But as you are so clued up on FFP, I just cannot understand why you think that questions I asked regarding the lack of income generated by sales of players (let's not get into sales of non existent shirts) and substantial contracts for players with little or no resale value, are irrelevant. 

I'm happy to walk away on that note.

Getting this thread back on track, the only solution is to quote a Blades fan whose assessment of our recent history and current situation is (IMHO) spotty spot on:

The thing with Wednesday is this.
Three years ago Gray got the Owls to 13th, so the assumption was that they were a "mid-table" side.
They weren't. I reckon they finished several places higher than they should have done, based on squad, finance, etc. It was down to Gray's tactics that they finished in the middle, which is why he should never have been sacked.
Chansiri starts to spend lavishly, at least by Wednesday's standards, but it was going to take a lot of expenditure to get an 18th-ish placed team up the top end. The fans are sick of Gray's defensive football, and they want open, attacking football (as well as a new pitch and scoreboard). Chansiri gives the fans what they want, and the emphasis is on entertainment. There's no pressure, and the team can play with brio. Think the Blades up to X-mas. The Owls over-achieve, are the weakest team in the play-offs, and duly get beaten by an ex-PL outfit.
The next season it's all about promotion, and Carlos goes into his shell. He correctly realizes that pragmatism is the best way for a non-parachute club to get promoted (notes 'Boro), but the snag is that the players the club have bought are not exactly suited to that style (the team's thin on the ground in defence, and there's no midfield enforcer). Nevertheless the club finishes fourth, then in true Sheffield style an irreplaceable player is lost at just the wrong time (as with Evans, so with Hooper). Does Carlos stick with the same system which has brought all those victories, but now minus Hooper, or does he go for it. It's a 50-50 call and he calls it wrong.
This season it's clear from the outset that the players, or a majority of them, have lost faith in him. It's a hangover, big time, and to make matters worse the club is then walloped by the worst injury crisis I have seen in Sheffield football. The club's bob, both on and off the field, right down to the shirt on the players' backs, and had Swansea not come in for Carlos then it could have meant relegation.
Can next season be as bad or even worse than this one? You tell me.”

No - it won’t be as bad as this last one but we need players to stay fit and a bit more speed down the flanks - if so we will challenge for play offs. 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Thankyou for telling me how the site works. Only you yourself will know if that was an olive branch or an attempt at another put down.

Respecting your knowledge of FFP, I don't want jump in Rhodes anymore. But as you are so clued up on FFP, I just cannot understand why you think that questions I asked regarding the lack of income generated by sales of players (let's not get into sales of non existent shirts) and substantial contracts for players with little or no resale value, are irrelevant. 

I'm happy to walk away on that note.

So you still want to be a DIKK then eh, oh well so be it. Can't say I didn't try. and I didn't say the questions were irrelevant, just your need to ask them as we all know the answers to them already. It would appear that you just want to be antagonistic, which I do find easy to ignore. And that is exactly what I will do with you now.

20 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

So you still want to be a DIKK then eh, oh well so be it. Can't say I didn't try. and I didn't say the questions were irrelevant, just your need to ask them as we all know the answers to them already. It would appear that you just want to be antagonistic, which I do find easy to ignore. And that is exactly what I will do with you now.

Telling me how to use this site in one post and calling me antagonistic in the next ?

I did mention hypocrisy I earlier on but you clearly didn't pick up on that.

As for trying to be abusive with childish language. Well, what can I say.

20 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Telling me how to use this site in one post and calling me antagonistic in the next ?

I did mention hypocrisy I earlier on but you clearly didn't pick up on that.

As for trying to be abusive with childish language. Well, what can I say.