#SWFC don't need to go mad.

Westwood, Lees, Venancio, Reach, Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson, Forestieri, Hooper.

If those 9 play 40 games each next year then we get in the play offs...simple as that.

We need pace in wide areas, and a strong midfielder as Hutch aint going to play 40 games probably 

Thee squad lacks balance and is aging hence why fresh blood is required. We do noy have sufficient players who are good defensively. Right sided attack and left back areas we are lacking. players who have lotsof energy we are short of. if lee regains full fitness this will be big help. Wehave forwards to spare.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

To be fair 3 years have proven this squad isnt good enough. And for the last 2 summers we havent signed that many players in quantity. 

That’s just it isn’t it. Everyone eagerly anticipating next season with our current squad, who have 2 failed play off attempts in the last 3 seasons

We haven’t really strengthened in those 3 years, apart from arguably reach,

Guest wilyfox

Hard to know the extent of what we need when we can't be sure our injury woes are over. At full strength, we're not far off; but are the likes of Lee, Hooper, and Hutchinson gonna come back and stay back? I'm not confident they will. Lee has had years of hip problems. Hooper has missed 4 months+ for the second consecutive season, and we all know about biscuit knees. 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Because this squad is already good enough, when fully fit. 

Obviously it would be good if a few could be offloaded and replaced. 

The likes of Rhodes winnal Fletch Abdi Palmer Fox and maybe Westwood going out would allow for a bit of squad refreshment. 

But even if we went with what we have I'd back Jos to do far better than clueless did. 

The only position I'd really want to strengthen is rwb but maybe Baker has already staked a claim. 

Anyway, I'm not expecting too much to happen unless we can ship a few out. 

If we can sort out the long standing problem of needing a commanding, powerful centre half, a box to box midfield beast and a couple of fast, direct wingers , then i think we are good to go .

Everyone is banging on about pace. 

OK, let's ignore the fact that we have Joao and Fessi in the squad who are both fast in their own way and very good on the counter.. 

What are people expecting? The combo of pace and quality means prem level. 

Pace on its own equals the likes of jj and Helan. Not knocking them but would they get into our team? 

Would Antonio? If yes, where? And could we afford him? 

And as for those suggesting wingers, we don't play wingers. We play wingbacks.

The kind of quality wingback with pace like Kyle walker does not play at this level. 

I think people are imagining players that don't exist at this level or stay here for long. 

28 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

To think I got 2 disagrees for that statement, the lack pf knowledge of the transfer pymwnt structure in football amazes me sometimes. 

Would keeping him make things worse? 

I have no knowledge at all on FFP, please educate me. Say we sold him for circa £6,000,000 we would automatically be £2,000,000 down on the deal but then wouldn't have to pay his wages which at (a guessed) £40,000 per week would be roughly £2 ,000,000 per year. Why wouldn't shifting that amount off the wage bill help us? I realise transfers are payed in installments but unless we have to pay the whole lot to Boro in one go fail to see how a deal like this would not help.

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

OK, let's ignore the fact that we have Joao and Fessi in the squad who are both fast in their own way and very good on the counter.. 

Pace on its own equals the likes of jj and Helan. Not knocking them but would they get into our team? 

The kind of quality wingback with pace like Kyle walker does not play at this level. 

I think people are imagining players that don't exist at this level or stay here for long. 

When people bang on about pace they assume that others can deduce that the players they are on about have footballing ability to go along with the 'pace'. That ability can be of Championship level, not Premiership.

I've always found this weird when people mention 'pace' that the automatic response is either 'Yeah but they are only sprinters' or 'If they had ability they'd be in the Premier.

If for example someone said yeah we need a man mountain in midfield, they don't have to qualify it by saying 'and he must have ability' 

It seems to be a different set of rules when you mention that you want pace in a player, you have to add 'oh and he can play a bit but not too much or he'd be too good for us'

2 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

still need 4/5 for me considering as we will probably trim another couple.

LWB cover for Reach

RWB cover for Hunt

CB cover for Lees etc.

CMF strong box to box player cover/replace Lee/Hutch

LW we don't have one

Hopefully one or more of the U23's has the ability to step up consistently...

I’m confused why you say cover. Surely the aim is to improve the squad. We get players that are gonna make the aforementioned players, the cover players. 

Either that hat or we will never actually move forwards. 

Just now, Walt said:

When people bang on about pace they assume that others can deduce that the players they are on about have footballing ability to go along with the 'pace'. That ability can be of Championship level, not Premiership.

I've always found this weird when people mention 'pace' that the automatic response is either 'Yeah but they are only sprinters' or 'If they had ability they'd be in the Premier.

If for example someone said yeah we need a man mountain in midfield, they don't have to qualify it by saying 'and he must have ability' 

It seems to be a different set of rules when you mention that you want pace in a player, you have to add 'oh and he can play a bit but not too much or he'd be too good for us'

So you want pace and ability.

Of course you do. So does everyone else.

Mostly a this level they are mutually exclusive. The affordable exceptions are usually young and unproven.

3 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Getting rid of Rhodes won't free up money to ease FFP I'm afraid.

No idea why you was negged for that, makes you wonder what goes on, or not, in some peoples heads.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Sean Clare agreeing to that contract offer would be a welcome start to the pace issue ... 

But team spirit can take you a long, long way and on the evidence of the last dozen or so games, Jos is moulding that key ingredient in abundance 

Yes, the squad feels rejuvenated under Jos. Like they are born again!

They play differently, they are really positive and full of belief.

And that is without arguably our best two players in Hoops and Lee.

3 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

FFP? What's that?  Hasn't bothered Wolves has it? They haven't been sanctioned and they're in the PL next season 

They went all out in Season one and payed loads to get promoted, no sanction, as its over a 3 year period, we on the other hand have wasted a lot on bad signings 

and wages, and our 3 year point is coming up. we look as though we may get a sanction.

One club played it one way, spend loads in year one get promoted.

Second club spent heavily over a 3 year period to get promoted.

One of the above clubs could be in a lot of trouble.

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

So you want pace and ability.

Of course you do. So does everyone else.

Mostly a this level they are mutually exclusive. The affordable exceptions are usually young and unproven.

Don't agree. Pace and Championship ability needn't cost a fortune. 

29 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Well said! There's a naive myth about pace. Norwich had Oliveira and Hernandez who are both like sheet off a shovel. And both crap. 

Pace is great secondary attribute in a good player like Sessignon. But that means they are Prem quality and we have very little chance of unearthing one.

Agree we need more energy than some of our thirty plus brigade provide. But fast pacy wingers in a 424, nah them days are well gone.