Empathy for Penguin...

By Jove he's right Snoots, that's a damn fine trophy and far better than the artless tat that Premier League winners have to hold up. 

Frank McLintock would have looked a right prat in that 1971 photo with the FA Cup in his right arm and the PL abomination in his left arm.

When are we going to do the Double? If Bazza's captain would he be able to lift both trophies? 

main-qimg-23932d95115154309f487a65797ccf

Edited by steveger
the arctic teddies in the graphic above are obviously chilling out in a zoo as everyone knows you dont get penguins in the Arctic or Polar Bears in the Antarctic before some smartarse points this out
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, offalyowl said:

Why don't you try and get messi to play for us too, I believe he also dreamt of wearing blue and white stripes shirts 

Not really mate, as a kid he dreamt of playing for Swansea

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

... Sometimes even the dead cert deals fall at the final hurdle.

The messenger can't always be blamed if the clubs fail to materialise the deals.

I too was once made to look a fake ITK'er when a deal was pulled by the club because the player didn't belong to our advisors stable and the powers that be didn't want stripes. 

Eeeh deary me.

What could have been...

gallery_36559_258_8075.jpg.1ca64f3dc1d8075de8ea05348f9c1e61.jpg

Brilliant Snoots really enjoyed that,couldn't sleep so arose to find this gem on OT.

lol

Something has just occurred to me. All this talk about wether the central stripe should be blue or white has been in vain. Look again at the shirt of our illustrious forward Red Froggatt and you'll see it should be neither.  Get this right and there's nothing to stop us becoming next seasons invincibles of the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Something has just occurred to me. All this talk about wether the central stripe should be blue or white has been in vain. Look again at the shirt of our illustrious forward Red Froggatt and you'll see it should be neither.  Get this right and there's nothing to stop us becoming next seasons invincibles of the Championship.

I think it's something that really needs looking into by the top science and stats boffins. The success rate. of the half and half. 

I do think there is a lot of positive energy tied up in that white flash down the side of the shorts. That too needs exploring.

s-l1600.jpg

The smart haircut and lack of sleeve tattoos goes without saying.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hougoumont said:

Tommyrot! I'm not having it.

We are blue and white, hence central blue stripe.

What a remarkable story snoots. Who would have thought it possible? ( awaits thread on bladesmad re deluded wend6 believing it happened).

But that kit! What an absolute thing of Beaty!!