ffs Wednesday

13 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Falling away in 92 league race when we had good chance of winning it

Going into the rather meaningless final game against Liverpool, we ended that season with the following record...

P13 W8 D3 L2 F18 A8 PTS27

That really can't be described as "falling away", especially as the points per game average for that period was higher than what Leeds won the title with.

First game in div 3 under Turner. Colchester(?) at home. Sunny day, optimistic.

Nil nil. Boring. Depressing. New season optimism dying.

85 mins 0-1.

90 mins 0-2. First time in years I leave before full time.

Get home, it's 0-3. FFS.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2018 at 20:34, welsOwl74 said:

this thrase will have been used by every fan thousands of times but what are you top 5 moments you've truely been pi$$ed off with the Wednesday

my top 5:

1993 fa cup

Huddersfield playoff home

steel derby 2017/18 home

arsenal 1999/2000

man city 1999/2000

We should change our name from Sheffield Wednesday FC to Sheffield Wednesday FFS 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Going into the rather meaningless final game against Liverpool, we ended that season with the following record...

That really can't be described as "falling away", especially as the points per game average for that period was higher than what Leeds won the title with.

13 game season, interesting....

I know you asked for top 5 but the stand out one for me is still 69-70 losing 2-1 at home to Man City and being relegated from top flight-City tried to let us win but we were so sh*te we still lost

20 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Yeah, we were never really genuine contenders throughout the season, Leeds and Man Utd were a long way ahead for most of it. That excellent late run of form actually dragged us up to having a mathematical chance of the title going into the penultimate game at Palace but a last minute Bright equaliser for them ended that, although we did clinch 3rd place and a place in Europe that day.

What a season that was though, the only one when I managed to go to every single game home and away. 

On 5/10/2018 at 08:49, Tamworthowl said:

First game in div 3 under Turner. Colchester(?) at home. Sunny day, optimistic.

Nil nil. Boring. Depressing. New season optimism dying.

85 mins 0-1.

90 mins 0-2. First time in years I leave before full time.

Get home, it's 0-3. FFS.

My God that was a f u ck i n g depressing game. One of the first games I took my lad to. Probably scarred him for life...

My top 5 probably (at the moment - and only having 5 is as we all know a ludicrously inadequate amount)

• 1-1 away at Arsenal in the first replay in the 1979 FA Cup marathon 3rd round affair.  We had virtually won against a team 2 divisions above us Liam Brady's 90th minute equaliser.

• Brighton 1983 FA Cup Semi at Highbury- fans amazing - so full of hope - they were bobbins we even more so on the day...

• Arsenal FA  Cup 1993  - there is a bloody theme starting here...

• Hudds Play off 2017 - my God they were there for the taking - probably our best ever chance of escaping this Godawful division

• Preston away first game of last season -  5500 fans sunny day and we telephoned in the most lazy half-arsed, cack fisted apology of a performance.  Knew then CC's dream was over...

Goes without saying that in addition to the above the 86 semi against Everton at Villa Park sucked as well. A really good Everton side who we outplayed for large sections of the game. Should have won! And getting relegated with that Big Ron side in 1990 was awful...

On 5/9/2018 at 13:39, Tamworthowl said:

Forest 90 relegated

Palace 2010 relegated

93 Arse FA cup final replay

83 Brighton FA cup semi 

2018 Hudders play off semi.

This would be the holy trinity of my time as a Wednesdayite.

If a trinity was 5 instead of 3 :biggrin:

1 hour ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

This would be the holy trinity of my time as a Wednesdayite.

If a trinity was 5 instead of 3 :biggrin:

Holy Quinity then?

• Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:52, TomtheOwl95 said:

Off the top of my head.

Rotherham at home 2015/16, Felt we underestimated old Colin and his team.

Leeds at home 2014/15, Last home game of the season, went 1-0 up and ended up losing to a very poor Leeds team. A couple of players looked like they couldn't give any less of a f*ck if they tried.

Most of the 2010/11 season, Just a dreadful season all together. Depressing.

Bolton away this season, played in fear of the team who at the time were the worst team in the division.

Birmingham away last season, Went 1-0 up and lost 2-1 to a last minute goal. Genuinely felt sick afterwards.

Norwich away this season, You might have noticed the theme here, 1-0 up played quite well. Second half was like Carlos had given everyone a sleeping tablet. Awful.

Not sure how I forgot it but the Palace game in 2010 is right up there. Also was very p*ssed off with the BBC's rather biased coverage.

Edited by TomtheOwl95