Will we see #SWFC vs SWANSEA next season?

The circle is now complete. I expect he will find a new post on the fringes of continental Europe or spend the summer on the cote d'azur looking to charm an unsuspecting elderly heiress and relieve her of some of her fortune. 

I shall speak no more of this man.

UTO

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I dont think that there is anything spiteful in the posts, just a sense of we told you so. Even after the Carlos love in when he had his initial impact at Swansea most sensible posters on here knew that he would come unstuck eventually, which he has.

All the waffle about Swansea being a favourite club from his younger days has come back to bite him on the arris.

Carlos is a BS merchant of the highest order who has now been found out twice in less than 6 months. Its about time all the Carlos fanboys accepted that.

You forget what a mess Swansea were in when he joined. Not many of us would have given them a chance of taking into last week of season.

He took us into the playoffs twice and so if he's do bad as many of you claim then Jos will get us promoted next season. If he doesn't then how bad will he be?

13 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

he almost ruined our playing staff

failed twice due to playing too safe

he just got relegated

he talks a good game, that...and that only.

So bring in the playoffs twice is failure. So unless Jos gets us promoted he will also be a failure and if we don't make the playoffs ......

1 minute ago, Wakefield owl said:

You forget what a mess Swansea were in when he joined. Not many of us would have given them a chance of taking into last week of season.

He took us into the playoffs twice and so if he's do bad as many of you claim then Jos will get us promoted next season. If he doesn't then how bad will he be?

they was a mess, your right.

And for me he did a remarkable job to get them up to 13th, Jose Morinho didnt say he should be PL manager of the season for nothing.

but its that success that makes their relegation all the more worse, makes his performance all the more crap.

if you take it from when he joined he gave it a reyt good go and fell just short, but sorry it has to be looked at from his/their high point, it was quite hard to send them down from that position, he did all the hard work, its why JM made the comments he made, but the fall from grace and ultimate relegation was because he did exactly what he did last year, he reverted to type when the pressure was on, he learnt nowt from udders play-offs. i find that staggering,

I like CC but he falls down mentally when it matters.   

you would think Swansea would be getting pelters for the U turn of negotiating a new contract 3 weeks ago & sacking him today.

but no, cos everyone understands why. he failed when it was easier to succeed. or put another way - bottled it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

So bring in the playoffs twice is failure. So unless Jos gets us promoted he will also be a failure and if we don't make the playoffs ......

We failed, Carlos bottled it. He's a bottler.

Each Manager will be judged on his own merits / situation / players available.

Jos, has done an outstanding job, given the shitstorm he walked into.

Carlos, was given as much help as possible, he threw that chance away, he failed.

And losing.... IS failure

Maybe you're from the snowflake generation that sees  " taking part " as a win.

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Carlos, was given as much help as possible, he threw that chance away, he failed.

Bang on, a lot of our fans think taking part in the playoffs is a major honour and the fact we feebly lost in both doesn't seem to dampen their spirits

• Thanks 1

On 11 May 2018 at 05:57, quinnssweetshop said:

I'm from no particular generation but I can remove the emotion of being a fan when I assess things and don't have the desire that many do to blame someone.

We had two good years and didn't 'bottle it' but just didn't have the bit of luck we needed last season.

As I have said before, given we have essentially the same squad (could argue it is now stronger) then anything other than promtion is a failure by your definition. Will that mean Jos has bottled it in your book?

30 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

I'm from no particular generation but I can remove the emotion of being a fan when I assess things and don't have the desire that many do to blame someone.

We had two good years and didn't 'bottle it' but just didn't have the bit of luck we needed last season.

As I have said before, given we have essentially the same squad (could argue it is now stronger) then anything other than promtion is a failure by your definition. Will that mean Jos has bottled it in your book?

Why are you being secretive about your age?

We all come from a certain generation.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Obviously from a generation that never learnt to read lol

You clearly missed the bit that said

" Each Manager will be judged on his own merits / situation / players available "

We'll see how Joss gets on.

Carlos was a bull5hitter who cracked and hoped for an ultra defensive best when the going got tough, it didn't change at Swansea.
The hull game was there for the taking with a squad and team made for attack.... he bottled it. The same team had destroyed Arsenal with some of the sweetest flowing football

seen at Hillsborough in years...... we regressed to a turgid hopeful single goal nicking defend it at all costs side.
The team against Huddersfield.... he bottled it.

But you keep applauding him...for achieving ....... Nothing.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

Guest Bulgaria
On 11/05/2018 at 22:02, Wakefield owl said:

If 2 play girl models had taken over the reigns at Swansea I guarantee there would have been an up lift in results. However, once the novelty has worn off it will revert back to type, unless the leader is tactically aware.

12 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

See this is where I just cannot possibly agree with that statement.

We didnt' just have 'bad luck' this season

We had a glut of injuries that directly correlated with how the manager managed the fitness of the team

That's not 'bad luck' 

It's inevitable and absolutely SHOCKING

Owlstalk Shop

On 08/05/2018 at 23:50, wilyfox said:

He turned it around too quickly. Pressure was off, they were resigned to relegation. Then all of a sudden the tables turned and Swansea had something to lose. That exposes Carlos' weakness. He was good for them in the beginning as he was for us, a free hit, shackles off and attacking football. 

This is spot on, it totally shows carlos for what he is.

I actually do not rate him one bit.

Edited by TaxiMark

14 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Obviously from a generation that never learnt to read lol

You clearly missed the bit that said

" Each Manager will be judged on his own merits / situation / players available "

We'll see how Joss gets on.

Carlos was a bull5hitter who cracked and hoped for an ultra defensive best when the going got tough, it didn't change at Swansea.
The hull game was there for the taking with a squad and team made for attack.... he bottled it. The same team had destroyed Arsenal with some of the sweetest flowing football

seen at Hillsborough in years...... we regressed to a turgid hopeful single goal nicking defend it at all costs side.
The team against Huddersfield.... he bottled it.

But you keep applauding him...for achieving ....... Nothing.

Who said I am applauding him? I am just trying to give the opinions on here a bit of balance.

We were never really going to beat Hull - they were a better side than us, remember we were a little fortunate to beat Brighton. Like I said before if he achieved nothing then the only way another manager achieves anything is by getting us promoted.

PS My generation can read better than you can spell.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

See this is where I just cannot possibly agree with that statement.

We didnt' just have 'bad luck' this season

We had a glut of injuries that directly correlated with how the manager managed the fitness of the team

That's not 'bad luck' 

It's inevitable and absolutely SHOCKING

That's an opinion which has some validity. However it's an opinion not fact. Many of our injuries had little to do with fitness - FF, Lee, Fletcher, Abdi, Hutchinson for starters.

14 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

If 2 play girl models had taken over the reigns at Swansea I guarantee there would have been an up lift in results. However, once the novelty has worn off it will revert back to type, unless the leader is tactically aware.

West Brom should have done that then instead of appointing Pardew.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Who said I am applauding him? I am just trying to give the opinions on here a bit of balance.

We were never really going to beat Hull - they were a better side than us, remember we were a little fortunate to beat Brighton. Like I said before if he achieved nothing then the only way another manager achieves anything is by getting us promoted.

PS My generation can read better than you can spell.

Ahhh, my apologies if I entered the s twice on Jos, it happens.

I fail to see your negativity towards the playoff final, our record against Hull that year was rather equal, and going into the final, we had a better record.

And, fortunate to beat Brighton ?  really ?

We wiped their backsides at Hillsborough, and then witnessed one of the finest defensive performances away from home in years.

Then, Carlos bottled it.

11 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Ahhh, my apologies if I entered the s twice on Jos, it happens.

I fail to see your negativity towards the playoff final, our record against Hull that year was rather equal, and going into the final, we had a better record.

And, fortunate to beat Brighton ?  really ?

We wiped their backsides at Hillsborough, and then witnessed one of the finest defensive performances away from home in years.

Then, Carlos bottled it.

No problem.

We obviously have differing levels of recall and I will admit to my memory bring a little dodgy at times. However have you forgotten all the injuries Brighton suffered at Hillsborough. As well as we played they had 10 men for a significant chunk of the game (obviously Chris Houghton had not got them fit enough and should have been sacked!). Brighton away they absolutely battered us for 30+ mins until Hooper took out one of their defenders for our goal - we rode our luck in both legs.

Hull was a step too far for us that season and most of the wise money and pundits were anticipating a Hull victory.

All history now though and onwards and upwards to next season.

• Thanks 2