Will we see #SWFC vs SWANSEA next season?

16 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Can't see Carlos being at Swansea next season in all honesty... if they come down or not.

This.

It'll make me laugh if Carlos gets Swansea relegated - with the way Carlos seemed to engineer that move, and the way Swansea fans were blowing smoke up his ar*e after a few soundbites and new manager syndrome - but Carlos won't be there come the 2018/19 season regardless.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

This.

It'll make me laugh if Carlos gets Swansea relegated - with the way Carlos seemed to engineer that move, and the way Swansea fans were blowing smoke up his ar*e after a few soundbites and new manager syndrome - but Carlos won't be there come the 2018/19 season regardless.

yeah! it's a concern we'll have to live with, that swansea will come down and set someone competent on.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 22.18.33.jpg

We're definitely playing Stoke City that's for sure

lol

But will Wednesday be seeing Carlos again next season?

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 22.16.48.jpg

quite a run of form he's sticking together there.

let's hope he gets a full house.

Edited by dnhc
addition to
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Am I missing something? Swansea need to beat Stoke at home and Huddersfield need to lose to Chelsea and Arsenal. 

Thats the the most likely outcome if you ask me. 

'uddersfield are likely to get something off 'glass chinned' arsenal

15 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Sounds familiar...only the minority of morons and clappers on here wanted him to stay. Thanks for the memories but the man is a fraud when it comes to management...he’s an impact manager who quickly loses his sparkle. 

his cv say's that.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

they were bottom when he took over and 10 points adrift of Huddersfield they are now 2 places better off and only 3 behind and look like taking it to the last day,  more than doubled  the points tally they had when he  took over 20 games into the season    ......not sure what the Swansea fans expected but my guess is  they would have taken that at Christmas . ......... 

....... you forgot.......... and look like getting relegated.

7 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Worst manager in our history is way off the mark.

He should have went after Huddersfield but your claim is nonsense. 

In my lifetime he ranks above Irvine, Yorath and Turner for starters 

neither yorath or turner had the 'kings ransom' and some, that carlos had to spend.

4 hours ago, Zlin Owl said:

He has been found out a lot sooner with them than with us.

not only would you expect premier league outfits to 'suss' him sooner, he will have been carrying a certain amount of 'baggage' with him up there from his time here.

for me when i've seen them he tried to get them solid at the back and pinch a goal from somewhere, 90+ is long time to hang on in the premier week in, week out.

i'd like to see then come down, and personally thinking about it i'd like to see him kept on, he's very good entertainment, good tv, and as funny as 'fawlty towers manuel', BUT not with us we've had our spell as laughing stock.

If he had bottle he might be a decent manager. 

you cant say he doesnt get sides going, he does. but only when its in underdog mode.

the minute theres pressure, the minute there is somink to play for, he bottles it, in selection, in tactics. 

hes not a winner, we need a winner, hopefully weve got one, swansea need a winner...oops!

55 minutes ago, dnhc said:

neither yorath or turner had the 'kings ransom' and some, that carlos had to spend.

Yeah but still didn't do a very good job did they?

I'm confident Irvine, Turner or Yorath wouldn't have got us into play offs with that money.

It seems just because Carlos had money promotion should have been guarenteed. He gave us a great first season and last season we nearly got over the line.

This hid some problems and we suffered from them. He made mistakes and he became too stubborn and negative.

But worst ever?

Not having it.

12 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Jos Lookay had a dream

To build a football team 

We had too many players

So we sent em all out on loan 

We play from the back

Big Dave in attack

We’re Sheffield Wednesday 

We’re on our way back

Don't think it will catch on pal but like the sentiment.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Irvine and Turner were were way worse.

The whole transfer business needs some perspective- I'm not convinced all the signings were his choice, And relative to the division other teams have spent more. Plus the amount he spent keeps getting inflated.

It will be £60 million soon.

I agree the team lacked fitness and his overuse of some players was wrong. And the playoffs last year were awful.

So I'm saying he had to go in the end but far from the worse.

Thats all I'll say as I've no chance of changing your mind in any way

Irvine and Turner were poor but managed the club during some of its toughest times - funding was virtually non existent and the club nearly disappeared altogether when Irvine was here.

Conversely, Carlos had an extremely favourable environment to come into and a promotion push was the very least that could have been expected.

The fact he left us worse off then when he started and players burnt out due to a desultory training and fitness regime emphasises his shortcomings as a manager when compared to the others.

7 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Irvine and Turner were poor but managed the club during some of its toughest times - funding was virtually non existent and the club nearly disappeared altogether when Irvine was here.

Conversely, Carlos had an extremely favourable environment to come into and a promotion push was the very least that could have been expected.

The fact he left us worse off then when he started and players burnt out due to a desultory training and fitness regime emphasises his shortcomings as a manager when compared to the others.

They managed in different circumstances so can be hard to judge. But Irivine was arrogant and stubborn and was genuinely awful. Had nothing about him.

Turner just wasn’t cut out for management. 

9 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

Swansea were really poor last night. I could not see them scoring if the game went on until midnight. It looked depressing familiar if I'm honest. Playing possession football at the back, but completely devoid of ideas in the final third. The only half chances were created by first time (hopeful) crosses into the box and hopeful long balls forward. No real interplay or link play to create chances and put people in. 

Saints weren't great but but they always looked the more likely to score. Personally Carlos lost me when we had something like a total of 5 shots on goal last year in about 6 weeks of games throughout October and November if memory serves me right. We can all put up with a lot but negative football and not trying to have a go is just unacceptable to me. 

:carlosswfc:

I agree, but the look on his face after Southampton went one nil up, even I felt sorry for him. You could tell he knew his dream job has slipped out of his grasp, even a tinge of regret in there, that fate has taken such a wicked and cruel turn. Just like the cruel fate of the FA Cup draw.

He's on his way back I'm sure