Will we see #SWFC vs SWANSEA next season?

7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I'd be happy to be wrong mate.

I do feel the transfer window and preparation will affect the relegated teams more than any other side.....but they'll get paid very well.

For example, Swansea could get 50m+ easily for Clucas, A.Ayew and Mawson.

Stoke may even get 40m for just Butland and Shaqiri. 

West Brom have alot of leaders in their squad but very little potential when it comes to raising big fees...Evans 3m release clause, Chadli, Livermore, Rondon and Rodriguez....be lucky to gather 35m for the lot.

You are 100% right they have lots of sell-able assets (particularly Stoke) but i think all 3 have question marks over ownership and will that money be reinvested. 

I say this as someone who thought Sunderland had bought well in the summer and drafted in a good manager (Grayson).  

I suppose we are all guessing but i think Swansea have a new ownership consortium of non-football people who i can see taking money out of the club rather than reinvesting. They have a net spend of less than £2m season on season in the premier league. 

Swansea were really poor last night. I could not see them scoring if the game went on until midnight. It looked depressing familiar if I'm honest. Playing possession football at the back, but completely devoid of ideas in the final third. The only half chances were created by first time (hopeful) crosses into the box and hopeful long balls forward. No real interplay or link play to create chances and put people in. 

Saints weren't great but but they always looked the more likely to score. Personally Carlos lost me when we had something like a total of 5 shots on goal last year in about 6 weeks of games throughout October and November if memory serves me right. We can all put up with a lot but negative football and not trying to have a go is just unacceptable to me. 

:carlosswfc:

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I reckon he'll do a runner to another club

You mean a club he supported as a boy and always held in high esteem, respect and always had a soft spot for...............isn't that how it goes with Carlos ?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Swansea were really poor last night. I could not see them scoring if the game went on until midnight. It looked depressing familiar if I'm honest. Playing possession football at the back, but completely devoid of ideas in the final third. The only half chances were created by first time (hopeful) crosses into the box and hopeful long balls forward. No real interplay or link play to create chances and put people in. 

Saints weren't great but but they always looked the more likely to score. Personally Carlos lost me when we had something like a total of 5 shots on goal last year in about 6 weeks of games throughout October and November if memory serves me right. We can all put up with a lot but negative football and not trying to have a go is just unacceptable to me. 

:carlosswfc:

Totally agree.

Watching Swansea last night was identical to our struggles before CC finally got the boot. Totally void of any ideas, going forward.

Swansea are down IMO. 

They won't even beat Stoke, regardless of what 'Udds do against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Rendez-vous with Chris Brunt and WB as well after Soton beat Swansea last night.

Here's hoping Udders can scrape 1 more point from their last two matches so that Swansea go down.

Then we'll see about revenge for those FA Cup matches this year!:stuwinky:

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 22.18.33.jpg

We're definitely playing Stoke City that's for sure

lol

But will Wednesday be seeing Carlos again next season?

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 22.16.48.jpg

Just look at the form table, says it all. Top 10 sides, only 2 won their last game. Bottom 10 sides 7 won their last game. It's all about fight and determination, something which Carlos is devoid of. The bounce effect was down to him befriending the players, going easier in training and being the nice likeable bloke we had him for. Reality check, he's a clueless shallow fraud of a manager, tactically inept and decided 6-7 games ago to 0-0 his way to survival and as we well know, doesn't work like that. I don't see Udders getting another point, although something against a lacklustre Arsenal is highly doable with the way Wagner sets them up and the passion and determination not just from him, but also his players who clearly back him to the hilt.

However, Stoke have been far better defensively since Lambert arrived, and will play without pressure, and both teams are rubbish going forward...it's widely reported on Swansea forums their wingers have gone missing...hmmmmmm..... The game will finish 0-?, best Swansea can hope for is a draw. Sad reality is Carlos will probably get another job like Marco Silva did after doing a good job to start with at Hull, but ultimately being relegated. Some fool will see Carlos as the charming vision of the future, and it'll end up the same way as Silva did this year.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

You get it.

Spunked a huge amount of resources, yet failed to improve the first 11 for 2 years.

Left us with a disgracefully unfit and crocked squad, many of whom will take 18 months to recover.

Arrogant and selfish.

Shocker of a Manager befitting of such a poor CV.

Irvine and Turner were were way worse.

The whole transfer business needs some perspective- I'm not convinced all the signings were his choice, And relative to the division other teams have spent more. Plus the amount he spent keeps getting inflated.

It will be £60 million soon.

I agree the team lacked fitness and his overuse of some players was wrong. And the playoffs last year were awful.

So I'm saying he had to go in the end but far from the worse.

Thats all I'll say as I've no chance of changing your mind in any way

they were bottom when he took over and 10 points adrift of Huddersfield they are now 2 places better off and only 3 behind and look like taking it to the last day,  more than doubled  the points tally they had when he  took over 20 games into the season    ......not sure what the Swansea fans expected but my guess is  they would have taken that at Christmas . ......... 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

They'll beat Stoke on the final day, Huddersfield will drop. King Carlos works his magic again, probably gets a bigger job in the summer and the jealous mob on here will be foaming at the mouth.

No chance.

They won't beat Stoke.