Will we see #SWFC vs SWANSEA next season?

9 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Am I missing something? Swansea need to beat Stoke at home and Huddersfield need to lose to Chelsea and Arsenal. 

Thats the the most likely outcome if you ask me. 

it is, your right.

but we know footys a funny old game, look at last games in champ, Cardiff to win at home to crap reading was a banker, dint happen.

so fulham make the prem then cos with cardiff failing to win all fulham had to do was beat brum... again it didnt happen,

i do think udders will lose both (or maybe scrape a draw v arsenal) but i think stoke will get something at swansea. pressures off for stoke now as they are down, often leads to a little upturn, coupled with the fact that swansea dont look capable of beating anyone right now. 

Guest wilyfox

He turned it around too quickly. Pressure was off, they were resigned to relegation. Then all of a sudden the tables turned and Swansea had something to lose. That exposes Carlos' weakness. He was good for them in the beginning as he was for us, a free hit, shackles off and attacking football. 

1 hour ago, GY-owl.4 said:

'Swans have lost their identity as they stand on the brink'

A winless run of seven matches meant Swansea were starting a match in the relegation zone for the first time since 3 March; the afterglow of their initial transformation under Carlos Carvalhal fading rapidly.

The Swans were bottom of the Premier League and seemingly destined for relegation when the Portuguese was appointed in December and his impact was immediate, with a run of five wins in nine league games lifting them out of the bottom three.

However, Carvalhal's side had become devoid of confidence in recent weeks, scoring only two goals in their sequence of seven games without victory.

The home side pressed their opponents at times - fashioning a couple of efforts on goal from Andy King and Sam Clucas - but after they fell behind, such determination looked more like desperation.

The sight of the Swans' players aimlessly lumping long balls into Southampton's penalty area was indicative not only of their dismal form this season, but of the way in which the Welsh side - once renowned for their attractive playing style - have lost their identity.

Swansea have flirted with relegation too frequently in recent campaigns and, after the constant changing of managers and upheaval off the field, their seven-season stay in the Premier League looks like it is coming to an end.

Sounds familiar...only the minority of morons and clappers on here wanted him to stay. Thanks for the memories but the man is a fraud when it comes to management...he’s an impact manager who quickly loses his sparkle. 

1 hour ago, RobbieOwler said:

I'm glad the media love in for Carlos has died down, probably will talk himself into the job for next season, just to fail in play offs.

Definitely, I listen to the Guardian podcast and they were waxing lyrical about him about a month or so ago. 

Now they are talking about his negative tactics. One even mentioned that that was his problem at Wednesday and referenced the Hull play-off final game. 

He left us in such a mess, it really annoyed me watching him get all that praise and lapping it up as Carlos does! 

I'll tell thi all summat.

Swansea have a fantastic, championship winnable squad.

West Brom have turned a corner before they dropped down.

Stoke whilst not in free fall, will compete with any team. 

Will be tough next season.

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I'll tell thi all summat.

Swansea have a fantastic, championship winnable squad.

West Brom have turned a corner before they dropped down.

Stoke whilst not in free fall, will compete with any team. 

Will be tough next season.

Disagree mate. Can’t see any of them competing next season. Relegation has a massive impact. CC will be gone and they have boardroom issues, their best players will jump ship. West Brom are on a bounce but not sure the feel good will continue with an unproven manager ( if he gets the gig), and stoke are fooked, they could well do a Sunderland. But then again I’m usually wrong.

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Disagree mate. Can’t see any of them competing next season. Relegation has a massive impact. CC will be gone and they have boardroom issues, their best players will jump ship. West Brom are on a bounce but not sure the feel good will continue with an unproven manager ( if he gets the gig), and stoke are fooked, they could well do a Sunderland. But then again I’m usually wrong.

West Brom don't bounce - they go boing boing :biggrin:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He turned it around too quickly. Pressure was off, they were resigned to relegation. Then all of a sudden the tables turned and Swansea had something to lose. That exposes Carlos' weakness. He was good for them in the beginning as he was for us, a free hit, shackles off and attacking football. 

Carlito's way.

I know we have to move on from all the CC stuff,but I can’t help feel great about the fact that it’s all falling apart after the Swansea fans and the press loving him up about his wonderfully charming sound bites and entertaining interviews.

The new manager feeling has worn off very quick for Swansea, and I’m really happy about that - would love for them to fall through the trapdoor.

I’m neutral on Swansea and CC so don’t have strong feelings about their fate. 

On the face of it CC appears to have achieved there what took him 2.5 yrs here.

A flamboyant start followed by a rapid decline into negative and fearful football.

He’ll be off and in doing so will join the ranks of sacked managers that leave their jobs with payouts and quickly find another host club.....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I'd be happy to be wrong mate.

I do feel the transfer window and preparation will affect the relegated teams more than any other side.....but they'll get paid very well.

For example, Swansea could get 50m+ easily for Clucas, A.Ayew and Mawson.

Stoke may even get 40m for just Butland and Shaqiri. 

West Brom have alot of leaders in their squad but very little potential when it comes to raising big fees...Evans 3m release clause, Chadli, Livermore, Rondon and Rodriguez....be lucky to gather 35m for the lot.

56 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Swansea will drop imo. I think Udders will get a point out of their 2 games.

Swansea will drop mate...they need a miracle. Despite the fact Huddersfield have 2 tough games, 3 points on the board is better than a game in hand for them. I can’t see either Swansea or Huddersfield winning on the last day tbh...neither of em have enough about them. 

Despite my previous post been “negged” ... the stats and CV of Carlos proves he is a fraud of a manager who gets found out very quickly. Everyone falls in love with him when he arrives but his football management and tactics are quickly sussed and he hasn’t got a plan B or a method to succeed.

He showed his true colours jumping a sinking ship for Swansea (it was a done deal, let’s face it)...I feel for Swansea but I hope they drop just because of Carlos. 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack