Will we see #SWFC vs SWANSEA next season?

8 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Jeez show a bit of class..

He's not your ex-girlfriend or wife...He's an ex-manager of a team you chose/happened to support.

He was chosen by our owner and worked hard for two years to get us promoted.

His methods eventually became unstuck, it didn't work and it was time for him to leave. It's over

The spite is strong in this thread

I dont think that there is anything spiteful in the posts, just a sense of we told you so. Even after the Carlos love in when he had his initial impact at Swansea most sensible posters on here knew that he would come unstuck eventually, which he has.

All the waffle about Swansea being a favourite club from his younger days has come back to bite him on the arris.

Carlos is a BS merchant of the highest order who has now been found out twice in less than 6 months. Its about time all the Carlos fanboys accepted that.

Gotta say, stuck in my craw that Carlos mugged us with Doyen and also managed to screw a big pay off when he clearly had another job lined up.

Also, what he did to injured players, flogging to death.

For balance , can't have been easy for him with DC's daft interference in transfers, etc and Jos don't have that, hopefully.

1 hour ago, The Italian Stallion said:

You're right, he is a clever bloke I'm sure, and he's earned himself a lot of money whilst he's been in England. However, earning a lot of money doesn't necessarily make him a good coach...... It just means he's clever enough to earn a lot of money.

I certainly don't think he's a "clown", but deep down, in football terms, he's a bottler..... He always reverts to type, (ie defensive and more importantly, INEFFECTIVE football) after having a good start playing attacking football with the players at his disposal. It's just the way he is, and his methods haven't changed since he first managed a football club.

I do blame him for this, Wednesday's tactics against Huddersfield in last Season's play-offs were nothing short of ridiculous, and let's be 100% honest, we could see that coming.... Despite our 4th place in the league, there had been performance issues all season, and bizarre team selections.....

Ultimately, the finger has to be pointed at DC, for not seeing what was happening soon enough. We can only hope that realisation has sunk in with him. I do suspect it has now, and I'm quietly confident we can move forward with Jos.

Agree with this CC has only one method of playing which is the Iberian style of football.

With DC not getting rid you have to remember he was not brought up with football and definitely relied on others. His advisor was the one who recommended CC. Although advisor apparently now self employed when names came for new manager job it was amazing how many had connections to Doyen stable of companies. Fortunately for us they did not want to come and so had to look to managers outside of Portugal. We appear to be moving away from relying on Agents and this has to be a good thing. DC will also have learned a lesson or two and its amazing how approach has changed in last few months. Think it is all good news.

37 minutes ago, Anus said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44064957

And he's gone, hopefully that should put an end to the constant looking over your shoulder's at what was.

Let's power forwards for next year and look forward's to hammering everyone!

Edit - beaten to it! Damn my fat fingers

:duntmatter:

How long is left till you can change your name Anus? Any thoughts on the new name yet?  Got to go some to beat it though! :biggrin:

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

20 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah but still didn't do a very good job did they?

I'm confident Irvine, Turner or Yorath wouldn't have got us into play offs with that money.

It seems just because Carlos had money promotion should have been guarenteed. He gave us a great first season and last season we nearly got over the line.

This hid some problems and we suffered from them. He made mistakes and he became too stubborn and negative.

But worst ever?

Not having it.

i'm 'not confident' either turner, irvine, or yorath  would have, could have, or anything else have done anything with the money , as THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY, and manuel did, and plenty of it too.

no promotion shouldn't have been guaranteed, and anyone who though so was a fool to do so, BUT we should have had some idea on how to counter 'ull at wembley, you'd expect that as a minimum from a head coach, and we should have 'attempted' to beat 'uddersfield the following year you'd expect that from a minor coach.

people harp on about his 'first season' it is a very, very poor return for the money spent, and as for 'worst manager' i've been following this side for decades, i've seen non of our previous managers sp*nk a fraction of the money up against the wall that manuel has.

20 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

If he had bottle he might be a decent manager. 

you cant say he doesnt get sides going, he does. but only when its in underdog mode.

the minute theres pressure, the minute there is somink to play for, he bottles it, in selection, in tactics. 

hes not a winner, we need a winner, hopefully weve got one, swansea need a winner...oops!

he hadn't a second idea in his head, it was drag it down the field at the speed of 'molasses in winter' and when you eventually get there try and pick out one of our heavily marked forwards, IF this doesn't work buy some more identical ability players, and remember NO RUNNING.

2 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I dont think that there is anything spiteful in the posts, just a sense of we told you so. Even after the Carlos love in when he had his initial impact at Swansea most sensible posters on here knew that he would come unstuck eventually, which he has.

All the waffle about Swansea being a favourite club from his younger days has come back to bite him on the arris.

Carlos is a BS merchant of the highest order who has now been found out twice in less than 6 months. Its about time all the Carlos fanboys accepted that.

try and be a tad more careful in your postings, it must be hard when you're in love with someone and him and his new hairstyle have just run off and left you, the wounds will be raw for some time with their 'beloved one' gone, who knows where he'll turn up next, if they shoot fawlty towers again, he's a shoo in for manuel.

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

How long is left till you can change your name Anus? Any thoughts on the new name yet? 

Probably about 8 months. ..but I'm growing quite used to being an anus.  I work in an A&E department so I get called far worse on a scarily regular basis....

:picnic:

4 minutes ago, Anus said:

Probably about 8 months. ..but I'm growing quite used to being an anus.  I work in an A&E department so I get called far worse on a scarily regular basis....

:picnic:

I like the name. You should keep it. Think I’ve seen an Anus and a Vulva on here now and I only log on for footy news about my club :stuwinky:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

i think you could be right ,he'll be going back considerably richer than when he arrived and a nice little job in Portugal just to top up the pension seems  like a good  plan to me ...........he's a clever bloke who's done very well for himself and can now live in the sunshine for the rest of his life without any financial worries ..... if he is such a poor coach as fans are making out then the only losers or clowns are the people who employed him coz he certainly aint .

i never faulted carlos for taking the job, as you say he couldn't have had it without it being offered, i'd have loved to have been on the panel that day to see what they actually saw in him, and who cross examined his credentials, and cv.

but with new everything at the club who had the footballing knowledge to cross examine him?. something along the lines of when del boy and 'crew' took the job cleaning the chandeliers. 

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Shows that charisma can get you a long way in life 

bloke is an absolute con artist, a barely capable football manager who has seemingly talked his way into the business 

For practically 20 years across an entire continent. Someone should have a word with Interpol.

7 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Gotta say, stuck in my craw that Carlos mugged us with Doyen and also managed to screw a big pay off when he clearly had another job lined up.

Also, what he did to injured players, flogging to death.

For balance , can't have been easy for him with DC's daft interference in transfers, etc and Jos don't have that, hopefully.

Yeah cover all bases can't be wrong then,,,BTW I knew he was going 2 months before...he joined us lol 

8 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

couldn't agree more about the BS merchant ,id love to listen to carlos when he goes for another managers job,and listen to the woffle he comes out with, I bet he would make a very good window salesman ,or car salesman ,he would make some clapped out banger sound like a rolls Royce and get a sale,