Will we see #SWFC vs SWANSEA next season?

Carlos had a dream....

He woke up.

So did everybody else.

And it's pretty obvious that although he is a decent tactician, when it comes down to the hard stuff he's also a process obsessed bottler.

Edited by Peacenocchio

46 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Not even sure he’ll survive whilst the weekend, certainly not after it. His career in England is over. 

Maybe so. It's got six months max if he's lucky. 

He knows it too. You could see it in his eyes when Southampton scored last night. 

On 5/8/2018 at 22:38, robowl4life said:

Yeah we’ll be playing them. I can’t see Swansea sacking him, I reckon they’ll let him have a bash as he’s Championship experience and a play off final to his name... they’ll go into free fall and he’ll do a runner to another of his boyhood clubs by December. 

Read that at first as "he'll do another runner to another one of his boyhood clubs Doncaster" lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

Good. Hope he buggers off to manage abroad again now so we never have to see or hear from him again. 

i think you could be right ,he'll be going back considerably richer than when he arrived and a nice little job in Portugal just to top up the pension seems  like a good  plan to me ...........he's a clever bloke who's done very well for himself and can now live in the sunshine for the rest of his life without any financial worries ..... if he is such a poor coach as fans are making out then the only losers or clowns are the people who employed him coz he certainly aint .

cringe.

ive just remembered after they lost at Old Trafford last month CC walked into JM presser, ended up joining him while Jose told the packed press room that 'CC should be prem manager of the year for keeping the swans up' ..... oops

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if he is such a poor coach as fans are making out then the only losers or clowns are the people who employed him coz he certainly aint .

he almost ruined our playing staff

failed twice due to playing too safe

he just got relegated

he talks a good game, that...and that only.

I have enjoyed being Swansea’s manager, I have had great times here, they will always be close to my heart. Like with all my other clubs, the fans will think highly of me, will always welcome me back, and will realise what great things I have done for them.

Sadly I need to leave, I need a break from football for a while.

3 days later..........

When I knew Belenenses were interested in me, I had to speak with them, they are a club who have always been close to my heart. I had a guinea pig as a child called Belenenses, and I always had a soft spot for them. I never missed any of their games as a child.

And so on.

Got to like the loveable rogue. Everyone loves a charming chancer don’t they?

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

he almost ruined our playing staff

failed twice due to playing too safe

he just got relegated

he talks a good game, that...and that only.

if you and it seems many others  can see that then shouldn't your anger be directed at the owner for failing to act .......

18 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if you and it seems many others  can see that then shouldn't your anger be directed at the owner for failing to act .......

I can understand where you are coming from. The Agents have such a grip on game they attach themselves to rich owners introduce them to clubs and use influence to promote their own clients. This means you get their manager, their players, their scouts, their advisors and even their commercial mnagaer. You recruit players from clubs with whom they have links. You get friends of your agency to big up your players and coaches. I have followed football closely for years and it was not until Wednesday got ensnared in this mess that I realised how bad the situation had got. British coaches rarely get a chance of adecent job and the many foreign coaches brought in include many who are poor quality and not fit for purpose. Lots of clubs have suffered as a result of advice being given and few have prospered.

We were not managed well and club was in a mess by the time CC left, the money had gone and situation was worse than he arrived. He was not solely to blame but he was a key part of it and buys into Agency big time (he should they have made him wealthy). As soon as he landed at Swansea he had agents doing scouting for Swansea in Portugal.

I have noticed Marco Silva and Sergio Conceicao (Porto Manager) are being linked with Everton manager job if Sam Allardyce is sacked. George Hirst is being linked with Everton, The managers and the player are all linked to same agency stable.. This is one to watch.

Sincerely hope we have moved on as a club from where we were.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

i think you could be right ,he'll be going back considerably richer than when he arrived and a nice little job in Portugal just to top up the pension seems  like a good  plan to me ...........he's a clever bloke who's done very well for himself and can now live in the sunshine for the rest of his life without any financial worries ..... if he is such a poor coach as fans are making out then the only losers or clowns are the people who employed him coz he certainly aint .

You're right, he is a clever bloke I'm sure, and he's earned himself a lot of money whilst he's been in England. However, earning a lot of money doesn't necessarily make him a good coach...... It just means he's clever enough to earn a lot of money.

I certainly don't think he's a "clown", but deep down, in football terms, he's a bottler..... He always reverts to type, (ie defensive and more importantly, INEFFECTIVE football) after having a good start playing attacking football with the players at his disposal. It's just the way he is, and his methods haven't changed since he first managed a football club.

I do blame him for this, Wednesday's tactics against Huddersfield in last Season's play-offs were nothing short of ridiculous, and let's be 100% honest, we could see that coming.... Despite our 4th place in the league, there had been performance issues all season, and bizarre team selections.....

Ultimately, the finger has to be pointed at DC, for not seeing what was happening soon enough. We can only hope that realisation has sunk in with him. I do suspect it has now, and I'm quietly confident we can move forward with Jos.

Jeez show a bit of class..

He's not your ex-girlfriend or wife...He's an ex-manager of a team you chose/happened to support.

He was chosen by our owner and worked hard for two years to get us promoted.

His methods eventually became unstuck, it didn't work and it was time for him to leave. It's over

The spite is strong in this thread

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/10/carlos-carvalhal-set-to-lose-swansea-job-after-season-ends

Sounds a bit familiar :carlosswfc:

The turnaround up until that point had been spectacular – Carvalhal took 17 points from his first nine games in charge to breathe new life into a club that appeared doomed when he took over. Yet all momentum was lost during a run-in that saw Carvalhal adopt an increasingly cautious and negative approach, with Swansea scoring only twice in their past eight matches as he persevered with playing five at the back.