Jos: DC got it right.

For balance, gotta say I think Chansiri called this correctly as the new manager stabilised quickly us in really difficult circumstances. 

I think he' s made some howlers i past but seems to be learning fast as appears Katy's also getting things going off - field.

So , together, we should really be able to get near top 6 next season.

Of course, player trading's crucial  but at least we won't be relying on Carlos ploughing through 200 videos again.

And if Hirsty wants to balance career with dosh, he should re-sign. 

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He may have got the decision right but it was six months too late. 

That said, I think we will go up next season.

With hindsight, think you are right.

But can you imagine grief - especially on here - if we ditched Carlos after second play offs in 2 years.

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

But can you imagine grief - especially on here - if we ditched Carlos after second play offs in 2 years.

This ^^^

There is no way any sane chairman would get rid of a manager who has got, what was a poor team, to finish 6th then 4th in his first 2 seasons in charge - it didn't work out but you can understand DC thinking this season we can go one step further.

It would have been madness (but in hindsight the right decision) to get rid of CC at that point.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spookone said:

This ^^^

There is no way any sane chairman would get rid of a manager who has got, what was a poor team, to finish 6th then 4th in his first 2 seasons in charge - it didn't work out but you can understand DC thinking this season we can go one step further.

It would have been madness (but in hindsight the right decision) to get rid of CC at that point.

I don't think it was a poor team, more the way we set up to play in year 2.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I don't think it was a poor team, more the way we set up to play in year 2.

Couldn’t ageee more we should have been pushing top 2 last season imo the league wasn’t as strong as year before or this season. After an impressive first season where we attacked and pressed, CC decided he wanted to be Jose the 2nd and be all cagey and bored the boobies off us all 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

He may have got the decision right but it was six months too late. 

That said, I think we will go up next season.

He would have made a martyr out of CC had he sacked him any earlier.  Look at how easily CC had the PL folk eating out of his with his dumb analogies.  

Unfortunately, it was at the cost of the season, but the timing was perfect.  CC needed that landing pad called Swansea or else the outrage amongst many would have divided the club further.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

No grief from me. I'd have sacked him after the away debacle. Might have got promoted then.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Quite a few on here were advocating a parting of the ways after the play offs last season. Plenty were also dubious when it was announced CC was staying.

CC first season was brilliant , the attacking swagger , fans team all pulling together. Then out of nowhere we changed are system and became ultra defensive playing for 1.0 . In a division that was wide open and there for the taking. I think CC bottled it and still had a chance to amend it in the play offs but again bottled it getting knocked out by a very average Huddersfield Town. The writing was on the wall but sadly DC didnt read it.

• Like 1

Guest Arcadianrocket

If CC didn't sign the like of Abdi, Rhode, Jones, Fox and Buttefield, all players who had no pace and mobility to how he had us playing first season, maybe you have to cut him some slack. If these players were signed with his approval then I would argue he ruined his legacy.