PL U23s and Fringe Players

So, having just spent a little time looking at some of the PL fringe and U23s who could possibly be available this summer, it's slim pickings. Especially if you take into consideration the fact they have to be good enough for a start. Some of the names below are ones I've personally highlighted and a number already have Championship experience which is an added bonus.

Axel Tuanzebe RB Manchester United

Bartosz Kapustka WM Leicester City

Callum Connelly CB Everton

Cohen Bramall LB Arsenal

Josh Onomah CM Tottenham Hotspur

Josh Sims WM Southampton

Jordon Mutch CM Crystal Palace

Kasey Palmer CM Chelsea

Kieran Dowell CM Everton

Matt Miazga CB Chelsea

Matt Targett LB Southampton

Tosin Aderabioyo CB Manchester City

I imagine if Southampton go down that the likes ok Targett and Sims will be regulars for them next season. Does anyone else have names to throw in the mix?

5 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

Didn't we have Cohen Bramall on trial with our U23s last season?

I seem to recall him playing a game for us and impressing, only for Arsenal to then immediately snap him up. 

Yeah; then Arsenal scouts spotted him and he went there

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

To be fair, the two youngsters who have that bit of extra quality in our u23s are on their way out. We need to give others a chance too, but if we want to go up we cannot rely on them.

The thing is go up ,And we will keep our better young players ,Frazer Preston is one we want to try every avenue to keep.

21 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Ipswich had a very impressive season in 2015-2016, finishing 7th. 5 points behind ourselves 

Ainsley Maitland-Niles was their star in CM, he really hasn't kicked on at Arsenal.

Only 20 year old.

He’s now getting in Arsenal’s first team and receiving some high praise, so I don’t think he’ll be going anywhere now. Unless the new manager has different plans

11 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

So, having just spent a little time looking at some of the PL fringe and U23s who could possibly be available this summer, it's slim pickings. Especially if you take into consideration the fact they have to be good enough for a start. Some of the names below are ones I've personally highlighted and a number already have Championship experience which is an added bonus.

Cohen Bramall LB Arsenal

Josh Sims WM Southampton

Kasey Palmer CM Chelsea

Kieran Dowell CM Everton

Matt Miazga CB Chelsea

I imagine if Southampton go down that the likes ok Targett and Sims will be regulars for them next season. Does anyone else have names to throw in the mix?

One dominating CM and one lightning fast right WB please.

43 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Ipswich had a very impressive season in 2015-2016, finishing 7th. 5 points behind ourselves 

Ainsley Maitland-Niles was their star in CM, he really hasn't kicked on at Arsenal.

Only 20 year old.

Played 26 times for Arsenal this season, though.

12 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Cohen Bramall LB Arsenal

Josh Sims WM Southampton

Kasey Palmer CM Chelsea

Kieran Dowell CM Everton

Matt Miazga CB Chelsea

Tosin Aberabioyo is a monster of a lad, physically and has played for City's first team and England U21 a couple of years ago. I came across him whilst scouting over here in the North West in a game v Liverpool's U23's, he was very good that particular game and I reported back in very positive terms..Like a lot of these players, the issue is, have they got further development in them. I'm not sure if he has been out on loan from City since I saw him or if he has got any closer to their first team squad.

I would stick to young loan players who have already been out on loan to at least Div One/ Championship level and proved themselves and want to broaden their experience or breakthrough into a team that seems to be going places.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

The thing is go up ,And we will keep our better young players ,Frazer Preston is one we want to try every avenue to keep.

Which means that we need to get them playing first team football. We should be developing our own prospects, not some other clubs!