Nuhiu felt unloved

6 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Dave felt unloved?

I feel that all the time and it’s probably true, but so what? I just get on with it. If people like you they’ll let you know. If they dont like you just ignore them 

I'm not sure it's quite the same mate. Do you get booed at work or abused on social media by complete strangers....? lol

Edited by Morepork

He's coming up on 30 years old; him hitting top goal scoring form now before summer could also do him good in terms of going for a new challenge, and at the same time netting us a greater transfer fee than before. It sucks supporters are going on as much as they do, but it's part of this career as professional footballer; when you're having good momentum, they all sing your name, but if you have a bad run, people will moan and shout. He's not the first player to experience that, and it's neither been so bad that it should be the reason he decides to go. Money and chance at football at a higher level should be his primary motivating factors, if he's really considering a move.

1 minute ago, N0rtherner said:

He's coming up on 30 years old; him hitting top goal scoring form now before summer could also do him good in terms of going for a new challenge, and at the same time netting us a greater transfer fee than before. It sucks supporters are going on as much as they do, but it's part of this career as professional footballer; when you're having good momentum, they all sing your name, but if you have a bad run, people will moan and shout. He's not the first player to experience that, and it's neither been so bad that it should be the reason he decides to go. Money and chance at football at a higher level should be his primary motivating factors, if he's really considering a move.

No transfer fee unfortunately- out of contract!

I agree it's part of the job, but he's been a personal favourite of mine and I'll be gutted when he goes (as he probably will). One of the few who really looks like he puts everything on the line every single week, and really just enjoys playing. He'll be missed off the field for his sense of humour as much as on it!!

• Like 1

Im guessing we’ve offered a 1 year deal like Pudil and he wants longer which is understandable.

as for being unloved I think when you choose to have football as your career you have to learn to accept critiscism.

if I paid to go to a concert and the singer sang duff notes there may be some disgruntled people during and afterwards - likewise when a footballer can’t hit a cows a”” with a banjo, as has happened in the past 

Edited by Southie_Owl

15 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Unfortunately we have a boo boy element at the club.  Chris Brunt used to suffer it.  Adam Reach did and he's now player of the season.   Leon Clarke did and he was Championship top scorer for much of this season.

Even Carlton Palmer and Lee Chapman attracted ridiculous criticism.

Shame if Atdhe goes but I wouldn't blame him.   

Don’t forget John Sheridan , some of the moron element gave him a hard time too... and that was before social media was common place.

Even Fessi has been on the receiving end of abuse. 

Abusing players on line is an odious practice.

• Like 1

I think he'll leave. He has hit a great bit of form which will now abruptly end as the season closes. Does he really want to stick around when the likes of Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher, Rhodes, Joao and possibly Winnall could all be fit and firing for the start of next season. He'd more than likely be back to playing the role he has been over the last few seasons and probably wants some first team action in his final few years. Good luck to him if he does move on.

Edited by CF_Owl

1 minute ago, Hougoumont said:

Last season a guy sat near me in the North used to shout out "you eff*** donkey" if he made a mistake"

But he'd bought his season ticket so was entitled to express his "opinion" ...........l suppose.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion in open forum but not shout abuse IMO.

Football fans are notoriously fickle by nature and this is quite evident on here and more so on match day.

Having just listened to the interview again, I personally think it's sad when a player gives his all and obviously loves the club and gets abuse for it.

Let's not forget Atty all but single handedly saved our season.

I would love him to stay but whatever he decides to do, I wish him all the very best for the future.

9 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Last season a guy sat near me in the North used to shout out "you eff*** donkey" if he made a mistake"

But he'd bought his season ticket so was entitled to express his "opinion" ...........l suppose.

I've seen fully grown men lose their shít and go mental over Nuhiu for something as simple as him coming on the pitch! 

Can't remember what game but I think it was just before jos came in we were losing at home,

Nuhiu came on and we had an effort on goal, we missed but Nuhiu tried to get the fans going and the massive man child behind me just lost it! Proper foaming st the mouth rage I've never seen so much hate in someone's eyes at a football match before! 

Ive also seen Nuhiu play well for the most part of a game only to make a simple mistake and "fans" are on his back straight away where as passengers in a game the likes of Boyd for example get an easy ride!

the hate directed at Nuhiu is a step up on anyone else who's played for us since he's been here and it's not right so I'd love him to stay but I'd fully understand if he wanted to leave.

2 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

I've seen fully grown men lose their shít and go mental over Nuhiu for something as simple as him coming on the pitch! 

Can't remember what game but I think it was just before jos came in we were losing at home,

Nuhiu came on and we had an effort on goal, we missed but Nuhiu tried to get the fans going and the massive man child behind me just lost it! Proper foaming st the mouth rage I've never seen so much hate in someone's eyes at a football match before! 

Ive also seen Nuhiu play well for the most part of a game only to make a simple mistake and "fans" are on his back straight away where as passengers in a game the likes of Boyd for example get an easy ride!

the hate directed at Nuhiu is a step up on anyone else who's played for us since he's been here and it's not right so I'd love him to stay but I'd fully understand if he wanted to leave.

Yes, that is a good memory. Hardly popular at the time, losing, and he tried to liven things up.

When you need a pen at S6 big fellah, get in touch!!!

In general, our fans attitude towards Nuhiu is still pretty poor.

I recall walking out of the ground on Sunday and overhearing several conversations whereby they were still mocking him. "Bloody hell Dave bagged a hattrick, shows how bad they were" etc etc.

For me he's always had a good footballing brain, was harshly treated by Carlos despite being involved in so many goals and good performances in the playoff final season (see season review) and was ultimately dropped for Fletcher who's not been the upgrade we'd all hoped for.

Really hope he signs.

2 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Yes, that is a good memory. Hardly popular at the time, losing, and he tried to liven things up.

When you need a pen at S6 big fellah, get in touch!!!

I had a brain bleed on holiday in Cornwall about ten years ago and along with the occasional seizure or two I have a cráp memory for small none important details so I'm sorry it upset you that I couldn't exactly remember what match it was!

the fact that what I can remember is the fans (mostly that guys reaction) tells me that it must of been bad but no you go ahead and dismiss my example cos I couldnt remember who we were playing as that was clearly the most important part of my post! 

:picnic:

1 hour ago, NoctOwl said:

No transfer fee unfortunately- out of contract!

I agree it's part of the job, but he's been a personal favourite of mine and I'll be gutted when he goes (as he probably will). One of the few who really looks like he puts everything on the line every single week, and really just enjoys playing. He'll be missed off the field for his sense of humour as much as on it!!

Oh, that's true, forgot that for a moment. Yes, we definitely need to try and sign him up, he's bound to get some offers trying to lure him away from us.

Besides qualities on the pitch, he seems like a leader type and key motivator in the team.

I wonder how many on here defending him & slagging off the haters are the same ones that used to abuse him?

Personally I think the lad should move on, I'd like him to stay but next year they'll be more competition for places, so whilst he's in his prime now, I wouldn't blame him at all & think it would be right for his career.

I can't say i've ever hated the lad but come on, blue tinted specs to oneside, he's stepped up and had a good 6 months but in previous years he's been sadly lacking in pace and goals. If he stays, thats great but if not then I do believe we have other options available.