Nuhiu felt unloved

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Few people saying Adthe has had half a good season.

True he's had his best goalscoring spell in this half a season.

He's performed very well in other games but just not scored many goals.

You can play well and not score a goal. 

But then goals is the only currency some supporters deal in. 

Remember a certain Robbie Fowler towards the end of his Liverpool career drying up in the goals dept ..

But "By Gum" his contribution and assists kept on assisting the team ...

Does it really matter who scores as long as someone does? .....

The abuse he often got was completely uncalled for, doesn't matter how good or bad a player is, if they play for our side with professionalism and integrity (which Adthe did every game) they should never be abused. 

Whilst I do not want him to leave this summer, I would get it if he did go, leave on a high and all that. After five years though it seems we finally found a manager who knows how to get the best out of him, so it would be a shame if he did leave after all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
16 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

It’s actually more ridiculous than you state , it was 90/91 and arguably the greatest season in my lifetime. 1st April 1991 lost 2-0 at home to Oxford and the boo boys targeted the best midfield player I’ve ever seen play for us.

31 minutes ago, Cockers said:

If Owlstalk existed in 1989-90 you'd have read the great John Sheridan being at best, constructively criticised, at worst, verbally abused. We've always had to have a whipping boy. 

Sheridan was very popular. The reason why he sometimes got booed was because he was sometimes seen out on the p155 the night before a match. I think the Oxford game he was spotted at pine grove country club. Of course without the internet it was all word of mouth. After the match he was surprised as he had not been booed before (he said ) although you clearly know better - and it gave him a kick up the arse 3 weeks before the cup final. So you are right sometimes fans criticism is what is needed. Oh hang on.........

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Same

We used to get em signing up to Owlstalk specifically to hurl abuse at anyone on here defending him or asking people to wait and see what Jos could get out of him

utter madness that our own fans would do that to their own fellow fans about our own players 

Completely agree. I guess owlstalkshitabout their own players.com was already taken when you first registered (?)

:stuwinky:

3 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

Personally I'd pick him over fletcher every time 

At this moment most would say Atdhe over Fletcher purely on value for money. That said if Nuhiu walks out on the club and Fletcher is our man next season then i'd back him all the way.

There was an old Blunt or 'Praise or Grumble' yesterday.... reckoned they would have gone up this season if they had signed Nuhiu  and some other geezer at Christmas.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

In pure economic terms it's fairly certain he will go..... if we value him at £2M and he's 'free' to another club - they can afford to pay out a very substantial signing-on fee + a nice little weekly earner on top.  Derby might be interested if they don't get promoted... they will be returning a crocked Winnall  whatever the situation.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Jos arrived 6 months too late to give the Owls a chance of re-signing the big feller.

Edited by Charles Clegg

And that's the thing,I don't have problem with Fletch,when ever he has played he has been decent,if you look at his supposed wages you would think we maybe could have got someone better.Then look at Atdhe for the cost and you think he is a bargain,always available and gives his all.

My lad loves going to Hillsborough,he doesn't pretend to be an expert on football but talks sense when after a game,he loves the big fella and really can't understand when folks around us give Atdhe abuse, even when he is just warming up.

They maybe footballers but they still have feelings,some people should remember that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markg said:

I’d be off if I was him. Works his balls off on the pitch and strives to improve his game yet fans still refer to him by a name that has said numerous times that he hates. Beyond disrespectful 

This. 

Some right thickos support us. 

He's taken abuse for years, wouldn't blame him if he wanted to move on. 

• Like 1

Quite surprised and disappointed to hear his interview. Hearing how he talked was just as odd as what he actually said. He sounded like a recalcitrant teenager who blames everyone else for any diffculties he might have had. As a pro player you are brought up to face head on the being judged and criticised every single day of your life. When asked to explain further, he seemed to back track and go back on what he'd said. I think he's been a great servant to the club and amazing since Christmas so I personally haven't been negative about him but I can't help but feel his complaining tone was unnecessary.  I thought he was better than that. Like Hurst, and others I'm sure he'd find another club keen to take him and so I'd thank him and wish him very good luck for the future if he thinks he'd be happier somewhere else but it's a pity because I think he could be on the brink of something really positive at Wednesday.

It’s a tough one for me.

He is one player of many who have suffered abuse this season.  Now he’s turned his form around if he’s got better offers in the table he could easily turn round and stick the middle finger up at the haters and move on. 

Ill be the first to admit I didn’t and probably still don’t think he’s good enough to be a regular starter for a promotion challenging team even with his upturn in form this season. 

Still with that in mind he doesn’t deserve the abuse he receives at times. The only players who deserve abuse who those who clearly don’t put the required effort in, Bothroyd I’m looking in your direction. Nuhiu fights for everything, if only the likes of Butterfield and Fox could do similar you might have a couple of decent footballers there.

When push comes to shove..all that will happen is..if a club offer him enough..he will be off..If he gets a better deal somewhere else..He will go.

Its got f.ook all to do with a "lack of love" cos footballers today don't give a flyer

Anyone remember a footballer who actually "stayed" cos we loved him?

Nah..neither do i...Its total f.ookin' blather

34 minutes ago, modboy said:

Everton booing when they conceded on Saturday was mental. Their fans used to be level headed. Really need to give their heads a shake as in theory they are a season off doing a Wednesday, united, Leeds etc 

Think it's just how modern football is these days. 

A few iffy results and the manager's future is being thrown into question and all the players are useless. 

We live in a culture of instant gratification and very rarely does that translate well to the world of football. 

• Like 1

Did he sign a new deal just after the wembley defeat? 

There is no doubt under Jos that he has been played to his strengths, taken his oppprtunity with both hands and yesterday if it is to be a send off then it was really was a fantastic showing he finishes the season top scorer and bags a perfect hattrick. 

Has he been given unfair abuse in his time here yes undoubtedly, has he been backed by 99% of the fans when he has performed also yes. Football is a game of opinions and football fans are notoriously fickle and as a professional I do not doubt that is sometimes incredibly hard to take, but it is in the job description. They receive hero status one week villain the next it is just part of the deal. I get that he may not like his nickname but thats the beauty of them you do  not get to pick them, I get that he may ha e felt unloved but if he can not see the adulation he has received in the past 5 months then IMO he does not want to see it. The nature of Nuhiu as a player is that no matter where he is he will always have that relationship with fans.

For me if he signs I will be more than happy, if he goes he will get nothing but the best wishes from me and from most. If I were in his shoes I would probably wait on my options at least for a few weeks as he will not be short of offers I would imagine, if the money is right for him and Jos can convince him the shirt is his to loose he will stay. 

if the club want him badly enough they'll make him an offer he cant refuse ....if they don't he'll go somewhere else and they'll only have themselves to blame for letting his contract run out . ..........if they'd have offered him a new deal in December he'd have probably jumped at it but they didn't and now due to him being hot property  he's the one holding all the aces and I don't blame him for putting out that he's unsettled and making the club maybe rethink what they are offering . 

Typical reply,"footballers don't give a flyer",are you some kind of expert on every footballer.No you are not ,I know and have known a few players and it's not all about football.They have wives and children,they don't like moving from club to club,it can ruin their family life.Money isn't always the be all and end all to every footballer.