Nuhiu felt unloved

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Well actions can't can they...If you break someones arm..How do you rescind that?

If you SAY you write "You are going to break someones arm"..and Don't?

How do you rescind the former?

Just askin'

I was mainly focusing on things that were/have been said and didnt expect it to decend into violence to solve peoples opinions over a striker ;)

You can say whatever you like about the big fella but even when it wasn't working for him he could NEVER be accused of not putting a shift in and could only be criticised at times for maybe trying a bit too hard.

In a relatively quiet stadium those bemoaning and barracking his very appearance never mind move can obviously be heard and it's undoubtedly a  very strange way of supporting your team.

I hope he's finally shut them up and that he realises that they are in a sad but gobby minority.

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

The whole ground more or less singing his name should give him a hint....

I haven't really got time for self pity, the players are paid top do a job, much like the rest of us......

I always was amongst those who thought he did a job, even when not hitting the target, but fans are allowed their opinion, and from my recollection on here, it was more "opinion" than it was abuse.

Folk are paying up to £40 to watch the team, its gonna cause a few outbursts isn't it?

Spot on pal. He left a premier league trial with palace to sign for us. I was well exited- even more so when he scored a cracker on his debut. Truth is though, for much of his time with us he has flattered to deceive. I have always liked him and delighted he has hit form and found the net. His previous criticism is justified though. There is a lot of talk of abuse but I have never heard any aimed at him just the odd bit of criticism. Although he didn't get much of a look in with CC, when he has had the chance he hasn't always justified keeping his place. Reminds me a bit of Rhodes in that respect. All football fans are critical not just Wednesday fans. He's on fire and deserves the plaudits but that doesn't make him beyond reproach neither does the fact he is a good lad. Really hope he stays but if he doesn't it's  not the end of the world. He's earned the right to have options.

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

Im convinced some people pay to just abuse whats in front of them and still bitter about the prices.

I'm sure you are right..but it has always been like it...Folk love to moan at something, its all part of football

Its theatre...

During seasons like this one...half the matchday experience is listening to the folk around you...Ive always loved that about Hillsborough..presume its much the same everywhere else...

I used to stand next to an old bloke on the Eastbank who greeted the team with.."here they f.ookin' come ffs!"........EVERY game......used to tickle me pink

but thats why he went..to have a big old grumble he probably couldn't get away with at home...

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I was mainly focusing on things that were/have been said and didnt expect it to decend into violence to solve peoples opinions over a striker ;)

Well it hasn't descended into violence has it....?

I used "Words"...not actions....

Said elsewhere.

Good luck Atty and so long as you don’t go to Leeds or Dem Blavdes I will cheer you on your return. You have had to watch as Fessi Joao Hooper Fletcher Winnall Rhodes have come in and been given better deals than you and yet when we needed to stay up it was your goals wot done it. *Thanks*.

And if Gary Madine can play in the Prem, you never know what kind of deal your agent might land! 

Guest Jack the Hat
35 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Problem is, your average football fan is as thick as a plank of shịt and always will be.

Speak for yourself.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I hope he signs, he's got more talent than he's given credit for, but lets not lose sight of what its about.

Anniversary year, been a f.ookin' shambles, still 28k turn up to watch a mean nowt match, against a team we have hardly got a flyin' f.ook for...no offense to Norwich, no doubt they feel the same about us.

Then out they trot, wife an' kids in tow, taking plaudits for pap..Loovens and Wallace..fair enough, nice touch and I fully appreciate their commitment and what they brought to the club...

But adthe..Honestly..................... "I feel unloved".....................really?

Well Adthe let me tell you what we f.ookin' feel like...

150th year..can't even give us the stripes, can't even get into the play offs, get stuffed at home by United, sack the f.ookin' manager, players who can't raise a trot without cracking a rib, cruciate, achilles whateverthef.ook!

Players taking a wage without any intention of giving owt back?, and Owls fans sat at home cos they can't ante up the prices.....

Yea its heartbreaking isn't it?

If I had been able to have my way...The players (apart from loovens and wallace) would have peopled the stands post match and clapped the f.ookin' fans as they trotted round the pitch

Beautiful .Just beautiful.

7 minutes ago, Cockers said:

If Owlstalk existed in 1989-90 you'd have read the great John Sheridan being at best, constructively criticised, at worst, verbally abused. We've always had to have a whipping boy. 

It’s actually more ridiculous than you state , it was 90/91 and arguably the greatest season in my lifetime. 1st April 1991 lost 2-0 at home to Oxford and the boo boys targeted the best midfield player I’ve ever seen play for us.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm sure you are right..but it has always been like it...Folk love to moan at something, its all part of football

Its theatre...

During seasons like this one...half the matchday experience is listening to the folk around you...Ive always loved that about Hillsborough..presume its much the same everywhere else...

I used to stand next to an old bloke on the Eastbank who greeted the team with.."here they f.ookin' come ffs!"........EVERY game......used to tickle me pink

but thats why he went..to have a big old grumble he probably couldn't get away with at home...

I think its churlish to pay to go and support a team and want them to do well and then subsequently abuse them...theres nothing to be gained apart from making you look like a miserable wee pipe..and confirm the view that sheffielders are dour and miserable.

I dont know what its like elsewhere..and i cant change anything cos im not the god of football..

Fk me this season has been a grind

The past issues with him has largely been down to how cc used him. He was always used as an out and out target man with countless balls punted at his head. He's much more then than that and the team are now playing to his strengths.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

If you want abuse..you ought to have been sat with me after my

"Where the f.ook is Butterfield?"... comment yesterday.

.....thought I was gonna get lynched, humourless f.ooks...includin' me son!!!

To be honest he might get the odd person shouting abuse but in the main the majority of fans are behind him at matches. The "abuse" on Owlstalk is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. There are many players who receive more abuse; I thought he was big enough and ugly enough to take it. If he is using this as an excuse to not re-sign then he might as well foook off.

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I think its churlish to pay to go and support a team and want them to do well and then subsequently abuse them...theres nothing to be gained apart from making you look like a miserable wee pipe..and confirm the view that sheffielders are dour and miserable.

I dont know what its like elsewhere..and i cant change anything cos im not the god of football..

Fk me this season has been a grind

Its the same at football grounds up and down the country mate....

Sheffields not particularly "Dour"..Wednesday fans are not remarkably critical.....We are much the same as the rest..maybe a little more loyal than most.

Watch Arsenal fan TV..or listen to Man Utd fans....They win a cup and they are p*ssed off cos they didn't win another...

We had 28K there Saturday, for what?..absolutely nowt....Sunderland have lost going on for 15 thousand fans,..cos they dropped a league..Wednesday have been out of it for nigh on 2 sodding decades...They have a right to be f.ooked off, however that presents itself...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everton booing when they conceded on Saturday was mental. Their fans used to be level headed. Really need to give their heads a shake as in theory they are a season off doing a Wednesday, united, Leeds etc 

Few people saying Adthe has had half a good season.

True he's had his best goalscoring spell in this half a season.

He's performed very well in other games but just not scored many goals.

You can play well and not score a goal. 

But then goals is the only currency some supporters deal in. 

• Thanks 1