Starting to see Jos’s style of play

The last couple of Home games, I think we are starting to see how we will aim to play under Jos.

This isn’t going to be about a lot of possession, but keeping solid and organised as priority 1.

When we have the ball, we look to get it moving quickly and dynamically and ok, we may not keep the ball every time that well, but will be trying to get the ball in the net as quickly as we can - without any of the sideways passing we have seen earlier this season.

This is why joao and Nuhiu have benefited in recent games.

This style certainly doesn’t fit Ross Wallace’s style of play, and will need players who think quick, get head up, look forward for incisive movement.

Next season = low possession stats but plenty of goals and wins (We hope).

• Like 4

Yep, give me that over the laborious tippy-tappy passing amongst the back four that Carlos insisted upon. 

If you've got players with the attributes that Forestieri/Joao/Nuhiu/Hooper possess then get the bloody ball in the attacking third as quickly as possible and let them cause havoc.

It doesn't really need to be any more complicated than that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Auckland Owl said:

Get ball. Score.

Get ball. Score.

Don't concede for a bit.

Get ball. Score.

Easy this fooball lark init?

Yep! Keep it simple stupid. 

It can be all all too easy to over complicate things as we saw with Carlos here and there. Goals win you games, not possession or any other stats. 

• Haha 1

I must admit now a few of the senior players are back the youngsters feel more comfortably integrated. Suddenly everyone looks like they know what they’re doing, which really wasn’t the case is his first three months here.

Here’s to a proper preseason. Also fast acting in the transfer market is key.

11 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Where does he play though? 

I'd say that everything Pelupessy does, Lee does better. So it's a straight swap for me.

I am a fan of Pelupessy too. He's done a good job since coming here, and clearly has an outstanding attitude, but Lee is a different gravy altogether. 

3 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

I'd say that everything Pelupessy does, Lee does better. So it's a straight swap for me.

I am a fan of Pelupessy too. He's done a good job since coming here, and clearly has an outstanding attitude, but Lee is a different gravy altogether. 

Lee RWB, Joey and Bannan CM, front 3 of Joao, Nuhiu and FF. 

HMS PTL sets sail... 

Reach LWB. 

Rhodes somewhere far far away on a jedi island meditating on how good he used to be 

Sounds a bit like Cardiff this season under Colin.

I'm up for physical direct football if it's effective and carries on bringing results and better service for our forwards. We'll still need to bring in more of what we've needed ever since Wembley pace and power to effectively play that way next season but the signs are encouraging with Jos. Let's hope we build upon our good finish to the season, bring in what we need and take some positivity and momentum into next season. Who knows maybe next season we might do what Cardiff did this season after near misses followed by a season of struggle and change of manager, from mid table to a surprise promotion.

Wasn't impressed by our defensive marking, closing down play and in my opinion playing high crosses into the box instead of cutting in or pulling in back. Look at Wolves, they hardly ever put in a cross but always got it square onto the net before having a crack 

Guest mkowl

The other huge key was fitness levels.

A big part of our end of season success was not only getting key players on the pitch but also that our players looked in better condition than the opposition. 

So yes in part that would have been burn out catching up with other squads but more the benefits of the initial work Jos did.

I think our players will grasp the season starts in the first week of August 

Its obvious that Jos  likes mobile quick players , also he is not a fan of the over the hill brigade . 

I have to say Pulpessey has grown into his role , Lee is a better all round player but I think there is room for them both , probably Lee right wing back .