2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I thought he was outstanding - and he has lovely hair as well.

These are the things that matter. Especially now Loovens has gone. 

We need players in the squad with great hair. 

It's worth around 10 points a season I would say.

• Haha 3

Good defending, marshalled their winger well. Got in some good attacking positions but we seemed reluctant to pass to him after the early air kick.

Not yet ready for the wing back position, would get him out on loan next season.

Just now, jambler said:

These are the things that matter. Especially now Loovens has gone. 

We need players in the squad with great hair. 

It's worth around 10 points a season I would say.

Exactly - if Hutch is out, Baker has to play, you cannot underestimate quality hair.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Exactly - if Hutch is out, Baker has to play, you cannot underestimate quality hair.

This is what Sheffield Wednesday is all about. 

Edited by jambler
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I saw an air shot and let the ball roll out under no pressure.

I'll give him another go but I wasn't that impressed today

Did you see the two goal denying blocks/tackles in the first half and the numerous times he blocked the cross from coming in (something that both our left and right side (especially) have been fric kin useless at doing for the last 3 years). Look it was his first game. He may turn into Zico or Roly or he may not. It is way too early to judge. I thought he played very well defensively, less so coming forward (although he didn't hide and continuously made himself available). He has potential and that was in my view a debut he could be proud of...

3 hours ago, markowl said:

Nice to see owlstalk keep up with tradition and make it's mind up about a player after one game.

:duntmatter:

Haha. I remember Steve Haslam’s debut in an end of season fixture against Liverpool and everyone thought we had a future England player on our hands. And as for Francesco Sanetti: scored a consolation in final minute of the season and suddenly he is Marco Van Basten.

• Haha 1

Reminded me of John Hills. 

Very steady debut. Half the battle with young players is if they actually look the part. This lad did, and he looked like he had played for years. Clever management by Jos as well, as Baker was knackered in the second half, and Murphy was starting to go up a gear. 

34 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Haha. I remember Steve Haslam’s debut in an end of season fixture against Liverpool and everyone thought we had a future England player on our hands. And as for Francesco Sanetti: scored a consolation in final minute of the season and suddenly he is Marco Van Basten.

Tell me why you chose your username... ;)