Reach At Left Wingback

2 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

the point is they largely dominated the midfield. But we defended well: really well. And benefited from their poor decision making. And were lethal up front. Making it a well deserved victory. Them's the things that count

I sort of guessed this, I was being a bit facetious.

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thought Norwich had the best of the game .....but they were woeful at the back and totally out of form up front....

Yeah agreed, maybe were weren’t largely on top, we got the goals at the right times and it felt like that, but yeah we weren’t really tested defensively was what I was trying to say....

Should have been playing there since Bannan returned to learn the position.

Switched off a few times today but this is definatley his best position and would be one less signing needed in the summer. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Natural position. 

I believe so, but a lot on here have said quite vehemently the opposite - that he can't play this role.

I think if we are to progress next season players like Reach need to be tied down to a single position, and this is really the only position in this formation where we can give Reach time on the pitch.

He's not a central midfielder.   He has adequately filled in there, no more. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Thought Norwich had the best of the game .....but they were woeful at the back and totally out of form up front....

They did but if we continue to play 3-4-3 we won’t dominate possession but we will be an absolute handful going forward. Against better sides, it may be better going 3-5-2. 

I will be going into the new season with optimism as I think Jos will get the players fit, conditioned and motivated. 

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

I’ve been saying for ages that LWB is the position Reach should be playing.  He was brilliant today IMO.

It’s utterly perplexing that for the last 2 seasons, he’s played so few minutes in his best position.

Cant play as a wingback in the stubborn ones unyielding 4-4-2, so until we changed to a more tactically flexible manager how could he, along with quite a few of the others were now reaping the rewards of what was an overdue change of manager. 

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Under CC what did you expect?

It would be nice if we could all draw a line under Carlos. I get sick of people constantly bringing him into just about every thread.

He's gone...been gone months.....cant we stop these stupid comments and look forward

• Like 1

I thought overall he didn’t play that well today - I just think he’s too nice or lacks self confidence 

For a bloke with his stature he’s fairly weak. We all know he isn’t the greatest in the tackle but took it to a new level today 

I’d definitely persevere with him there though 

Best cross from the left today was by Thorniley - outstanding 

Just now, Sham67 said:

Heard a whisper that Bournemouth have been tracking him.

Wouldnt surprise me, if not now but next season if he keeps it up. Selling someone like him would be a blow but we could charge enough money to ease FFP problems I would imagine