Reach At Left Wingback

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s been at his best out wide this season. See the bids come in this summer 

We paid 5m. just had his best season for us along with winning our player of the season. 

Gonna take some bid.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Can’t believe it’s taken this long.

On his value, we would easily recoup the money invested.

Good age, English, always available, productive.

And replace with who.?

13 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I’ve been saying for ages that LWB is the position Reach should be playing.  He was brilliant today IMO.

It’s utterly perplexing that for the last 2 seasons, he’s played so few minutes in his best position.

Under CC what did you expect?

Really enjoyed the game today. Was it 5-1 last season against Norwich when Wallace scored from about 40 yards out?

anyway regarding Reach he has done well this year, he’s stepped up and rightly got the player of the year award.

however I’m not convinced he should be playing at LWB. It was fine today as we were largely on top and he didn’t really get tested. But honestly we will get caught out defensively with him in that position. Going forward, yep great asset. But defensively if you watch him his defensive work rate isn’t as high as his attacking work rate, he gets caught out of position and he’s not what you would call a strong tackler either, I’ve witnessed him pulling out of 50/50 tackles when there is a chance of getting flattened. Just don’t like to see that from our defensive players. He’s an attacking player for me and in an ideal world a left winger. His strongest attribute is his crossing. 

Its a real dilemma for the new manager to work out where to play him if he persists with 3 at the back.

9 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Really enjoyed the game today. Was it 5-1 last season against Norwich when Wallace scored from about 40 yards out?

anyway regarding Reach he has done well this year, he’s stepped up and rightly got the player of the year award.

however I’m not convinced he should be playing at LWB. It was fine today as we were largely on top and he didn’t really get tested. But honestly we will get caught out defensively with him in that position. Going forward, yep great asset. But defensively if you watch him his defensive work rate isn’t as high as his attacking work rate, he gets caught out of position and he’s not what you would call a strong tackler either, I’ve witnessed him pulling out of 50/50 tackles when there is a chance of getting flattened. Just don’t like to see that from our defensive players. He’s an attacking player for me and in an ideal world a left winger. His strongest attribute is his crossing. 

Its a real dilemma for the new manager to work out where to play him if he persists with 3 at the back.

He's perfect for the role. There is no point playing wingbacks and sticking defensively minded players there. Just look at all the really attacking players at top teams who have been converted into that role. 

9 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Thought Norwich had the best of the game .....but they were woeful at the back and totally out of form up front....

1 minute ago, WC1Owl said:

how about the midfield?

the point is they largely dominated the midfield. But we defended well: really well. And benefited from their poor decision making. And were lethal up front. Making it a well deserved victory. Them's the things that count